incoing players rumours

Anything yellow and blue
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re: incoing players rumours

Post by joepoolman »

A deadline day with no transfer related posts on RO?! Lots of Heskey rumours on twitter but I think it's just someone's joke which has snowballed a little, albeit talkSHIT has said there are "reports", I reckon they've just got it off of twitter. A more credible rumour is that we're in for Peterborough's former Crawley striker Tyrone Barnett although I personally don't think we need another centre-forward. Image

The Howard rumour is still doing the rounds.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

joepoolman wrote:I personally don't think we need another centre-forward.
Are you for real‽
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
joepoolman wrote:I personally don't think we need another centre-forward.
Are you for real‽
Hylton's made a great start, Hoskins seems an impressive signing, Jakubiak and Morris look promising, I'd like to see Roberts get a chance, and we play a formation that only requires one centre-forward, so I don't think it's ridiculous of me to say we don't need another striker. Having said all that I wouldn't be upset if we signed a high quality striker, although having just looked up Barnett's record he seems to have had one very good season (2011/12) and not done a great deal else.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29032178

I wonder how much we agreed to pay? Surprised it was only 2 years ago they paid £1.2mil for him.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Barnett comes in on loan, with no word on why the permanent deal fell through on deadline day, so hopefully whatever obstacle there was has been dealt with properly.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

Potentially a very good signing.
Good luck Tyrone...
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

I am a bit worried that if you go on twitter you can read a lot of tweets by OUFC that fans really excited to have him and a lot by PUFC fans that are really excited to have gotten rid of him! His record in this league with Crawley was very, very good, and that sort of talent doesn't disappear, so I hope that MA can get the best out of him as he seems to have gotten the best out of Hylton, and I definitely hope the arrival of Barnett doesn't have a negative affect on Hylton.

Taking everything into account I believe Barnett could easily be a brilliant signing or an awful one, time will tell.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

joepoolman wrote:Barnett comes in on loan, with no word on why the permanent deal fell through on deadline day, so hopefully whatever obstacle there was has been dealt with properly.
Club: Would you like to sign for us?
Player: OK
Agent: how much will you pay?
Club: How about £x
Agent: he wants £x+y, don't you?
Club: not going to pay that, £x it is
Agent: he's not going to accept that, are you, we're off

###
Club: would you like to join us on loan?
Agent: How much?
Club: £x
Agent £x+y
Club: not going to pay that
Agent: How long is Hoskins out?
Club: Ah, OK, £x+y it is then
Agent Pleasure doing business, sign here
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

Don't agree with that scenario, as Barnett will still be paid his wage, from Peterborough, as per contract. The only question is what proportion of that wage is being paid to PUFC for his services. Our agreement is with PUFC not Barnett, whilst on loan, is it not? Somewhat different to the deal that fell through last week.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Looks potentially a great Oxford Utd attack on paper with big striker Tyrone Barnett, Danny Hylton, Carlton Morris
and Alex Jakubiak. On a separate note I am distraught for Will Hoskins who is out for 4 months.
Last edited by OUFC4eva on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Well at least in Barnett we should have another player who knows where the goal is. Wasn't it him who scored that screamer in the top-of-the-table clash at home to Crawley a few years back?

We've certainly brought in a lot of forwards since the new management team took over. Let's see if they can score a few more goals now...
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

He certainly did score a fantastic equaliser for Crawley at Grenoble Road.

Re Mooro's speculation: do agents get a cut in loan deals? It looks to me unusually clear that the agent blocked the original transfer.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Old Abingdonian wrote:He certainly did score a fantastic equaliser for Crawley at Grenoble Road.

Re Mooro's speculation: do agents get a cut in loan deals? It looks to me unusually clear that the agent blocked the original transfer.
Perhaps the agent is thinking that the loan will put the player in the shop window to secure a more lucrative deal with someone up the ladder in January, with a permanent signing with us as the fall back.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re: incoming players rumours

Post by OUFC4eva »

In this morning's #askashton our CEO
appeared to be saying that new players could be coming in.
(Nobody has been placed on the transfer list was the other thing he mentioned
- he is in the North West today on a business trip)
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Image Image
United are believed to have agreed a deal for Kidderminster's England C international
central defender, Cheyenne Dunkley, 22. The U's are being linked with striker Patrick Hoban, 23
who plays for League of Ireland outfit Dundalk.