Burton today

Anything yellow and blue
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Burton today

Post by amershamwrighty »

Well beaten. Shocking first half - second to everything and very little fight. Midfield woeful. Second half much better, and could have got even.

Although other results could have been worse, I'm mentally preparing myself for a trip to the hellhole of Kenilworth Road next season because I don't see where an upturn in our results is coming from.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Re: Burton today

Post by Werthers Original »

We're a decent mid table side as we have been for three years, they looked like promotion candidates. Yes a bit depressing.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

First half arguably the worst half of football we've played at home this season.

I really don't think ML should be in post for too much longer as our chances of making the automatic spots are slipping away fast, and we are even beginning to risk a play off spot (which a month ago I thought we were certain of achieving if all else failed).
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

Regardless of whether Mickey should be manager, the players owe him an apology for that first half performance.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Whilst the first half was awful and we could have been three down, I thought the second goal came from a run where the ball could have been called off for a throw. Difficult to tell from the highlights.

After we got back to 2-1, and then had a shot ricochet off the post back into the arms of the surprised goalie, it was always going to be one of those games. Every one of our cleared shots went back to their players, rather than falling to one of ours.

The substitution of Hunt for Potter was clearly not the right choice. Hunt was our only danger with his long throws, and our defence was confused as to where they were all supposed to be playing. Wouldn't it have been more logical to sub one of the midfield?

Also not sure what happened with Kitson. He got turned down for a few decisions by a ref with Small Man Syndrome vs Ex-Premier League player, and the ref had decided to show he was in charge by blatantly ignoring any fouls on Kitson. Kitson then did a Craddock and sat down in the middle of the field, waiting to be subbed. (Ankle injury apparently).
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

We are bloody rubbish aren't we? The only way we were going to score against Cheltenham was if Williams did it himself.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Werthers Original wrote:We are bloody rubbish aren't we? The only way we were going to score against Cheltenham was if Williams did it himself.
or if he'd passed to Potter running into the box rather than tap it the other way going nowhere.
Several good header opportunities too.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

williams has looked for the past two games like he's just decided to take matters into his own hands.

what is wrong with some of our fans though? cheering smalley's substitution for the second time in two games? nuts. aside from kicking a player who's already visibly down in terms of confidence, what does that tell the rest of the squad about Us? on saturday clarke was turning round to ask what that was all about. well done to those who counterbalanced it with support for the player.