Wilder Gone

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Wilder Gone

Post by Kernow Yellow »

In case anyone's not listening to RadOx, IL has just said that he believes CW has told the players he's leaving. He refused permission for CW to talk to NTFC. Nothing's clear at the moment, Mickey Lewis will probably be caretaker manager.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Wilder Gone

Post by ty cobb »

So 4 points off top with a game in hand and 7 points clear of 8th the manager decides he has a better future at a team stuck at the bottom of the league.

Just what is wrong with our club?!?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

ty cobb wrote:So 4 points off top with a game in hand and 7 points clear of 8th the manager decides he has a better future at a team stuck at the bottom of the league.

Just what is wrong with our club?!?
He may have decided that. Our chairman doesn't know! Very reassuring.
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

Hope all the 'fans' who have been praying for this are happy.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

I shed no tears. I would have liked his departure to have been conducted with a bit more dignity, but I only have IL's version of events to go on.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

This was confirmed to me straight after the game by more than one source.

The RadOx news appears to confirm as far as it is possible to do so.

CW has been a little unprofessional in my opinion in not handing in a formal resignation before, or at least immediately after, telling the players.

IL has handled it well and properly.

I wonder if Cobblers will give CW the job having had official permission to negotiate refused. CW could find himself out of a job as a result.

CW did a pretty good job in his time with us. My only slight negatives were his treatment of Beano, and CW's general plan of trying to hold onto games than go out to take teams to the cleaners.

Who should we get in! Well I'll be hoping for a proper process, but if I could choose, I would want Tisdale in the hot seat. His sides always play good football.

I just hope we can get through the transition smoothly.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

The fact that the OUFC accounts for the y/e 30th June got released this afternoon will get well buried under this news. Nice touch is that..
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Well, at least we can have faith that the accounts more accurately reflect the clubs assets and liabilities than under previous chairmen....
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

I rather expected to end this way, a grumpy stomping out after it became clear that he wasn't being fully appreciated or backed, and when he seemed to have run out of ideas. The timing is odd though, and I expected to head back up north to somewhere like Oldham!

He's been pretty good all told but he's costing the club a lot of money in poor home attendances and so I'm sure IL isn't too upset. I don't think he was ever fully embraced by the fans, he was maybe not quite the right fit for a club that liked to think of itself as playing good attacking football (despite all the evidence of recent years).
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

There are gonna be two camps here:

1. Those who think Wilder shouldn't be in a position where he has to worry about job security bearing in mind the job he has done for this club and the fact we are proper contenders for promotion this year.

2. Those who think Wilder accepted the 1 year contract on the terms that it would only be renewed if he got promotion so he should have seen the task through and given it his best.

However, whichever camp you're in I cannot see how it can possibly be a good thing that a manager who has got us 4 points from the top of the table has left us for the club at the very bottom of the football league.

If Northanpton are a better option then something is seriously wrong with this football club.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

ty cobb wrote:Just what is wrong with our club?!?
Wilder likes a big budget to buy and loan players. Because of the stadium situation, the debt situation and the chairman's (correct in my opinion) to stop throwing good money after bad, he's not going to get that with us.

I think we're in a good position - out situation is going to be very attractive to a lit of decent managers.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

There is little wrong with the club.

However, plenty will use this opportunity to slam Lenagan and Co. We now wait for 'others' to come out and have their say. I bet the Oxford Mail are already getting quotes from them.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

SmileyMan wrote:
ty cobb wrote:Just what is wrong with our club?!?
Wilder likes a big budget to buy and loan players. Because of the stadium situation, the debt situation and the chairman's (correct in my opinion) to stop throwing good money after bad, he's not going to get that with us.

I think we're in a good position - out situation is going to be very attractive to a lit of decent managers.
Can't agree with that Smiley. Through playing for Raging Fever, we've come to know the Halifax fans team very well and they praise the achievements he made with literally no pot to p!ss in. He hasn't had a massive budget here - reasonable, yes but not a sizeable one and I really don't think that is what has forced his arm, I think it is the promise of a 2 or 3 year contract, he has a mortgage after all.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

Apparently he hasn't resigned. According to his agent.

Oh dear. This now appears to have descended to statements issued through 3rd parties, and denials/counterdenials.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »