Charlton Replay

Anything yellow and blue
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Charlton Replay

Post by Myles Francis »

SWA wrote:The official Charlton website is having a pop at the pricing also.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2014 ... 06743.aspx
For an official website piece, that is really poor form. Their unilateral decision to charge £10 coupled with the pitch farce cost us a lot of money.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Alnwick is playing in goal - maybe a weak link if he's not fully recovered?

Team sheet: http://instagram.com/p/jcS-WsOmBN/
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Very rare for me to feel this, but i wish I hadn't bothered. No one there and no attacking flair from us. They were nothing special and if we'd gone for it we could have shaken them.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Werthers Original wrote:Very rare for me to feel this, but i wish I hadn't bothered. No one there and no attacking flair from us. They were nothing special and if we'd gone for it we could have shaken them.
Once they scored it was all over, but up to then we'd looked pretty good except in the final third. Ruffles the highlight of the night, but as a RadOx texter said, what's the betting that Wilder drops Ruffles and keeps the anonymous Rigg for Saturday?
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Ruffles does look like a player yes. But oh for some pace and width.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

SmileyMan wrote:No...attacking flair from us. They were nothing special and if we'd gone for it we could have shaken them.
Words that sum up Chris Wilder's five years in charge rather well for me.

Oh well, let's concentrate on the league. Now we're dropping off the pace, there's more incentive for us to at least 'have a go'.
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

YF Dan wrote:
SmileyMan wrote:No...attacking flair from us. They were nothing special and if we'd gone for it we could have shaken them.
Words that sum up Chris Wilder's five years in charge rather well for me.

Oh well, let's concentrate on the league. Now we're dropping off the pace, there's more incentive for us to at least 'have a go'.
Don't disagree with your sentiments Dan, but I wouldn't agree that we are necessarily dropping off the pace.

5 points off second with 2 games in hand
4 off third with a game in hand.
3 off forth with a game in hand.

It will only take a couple of wins for us to be right up there.

Of course current form and the home record may stop that happening, but at this stage of the season we are pretty close ....
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Terrible terrible game. I left feeling utterly dispirited. It wasn't the scoreline - had we lost 3-0 having turned in an exciting attacking display, I couldn't have complained - I expected us to lose against a second tier side. But they were ordinary, and we were a lot worse than ordinary.

I can't see our going up if that is what our players are playing like. (I do realise that Williams and Kitson might inject something back into the side, of course.)
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

You just can't help but feel the club has missed out on two counts last night.

On the pitch, it was a nothing to lose situation. We were playing a team from a higher division at home, we should have just blitzed them. So what if we lost if we'd thrown the kitchen sink at them, but been caught on the counter attack a few times. Hey ho, we'd have had some fun, and besides, who cares about a trip to Huddersfield.... Instead, by all accounts (I wasn't at the match Jerome, as for some reason the idea of a 120 mile round trip on a Tuesday night didn't appeal), we didn't turn up and we got stuffed by a rubbish team, meaning yet another dispiriting home defeat and another blow to our confidence at home.

Off the pitch it was free money, an unbudgeted for match, so a chance to really build some goodwill. I'd have done a 'pay what you want' admission, with a view to filling the stadium and rewarding the long suffering fans, and enticing some new faces along. Instead, stupidly high admission fees and a crap attendance.

So the only positive we can take from last night is that the only people who watched that filth, are the 3000 or so die hards who are now completely numb to the pain of watching us produce dispiriting rubbish at home. At least we wont have scared off any newcomers.

Really bad from the players, the manager and the chairman in my opinion, not a great night from the club.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

good post that ^^^^^^