shirt sponsor

Anything yellow and blue
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: shirt sponsor

Post by slappy »

for any other ignoranamuses out there, read this
http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s253/st51189.htm
DAVE KITSON: “I’ve spent all my time going to places like Ninian Park and The New Den just getting harassed about the colour of my hair to the point where you want to fight back so the last thing I need really is 15,000 people all in ginger wigs drawing attention to it…… It does cause offence to me and I’d like to thank the club for not even asking me if I minded!..... From my point of view it is something I can do without”.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

slappy wrote:I'm sorry to disabuse your ignorant views, but people have been repeatedly bullied because of ginger hair, and two posters have made jest already, with you to add to it. just read the papers and reports of bullying incidents.

or could I say that a black player would blend in with a black kit? is that OK?
Why are you attacking me? If you actually read my post I say that I can see your point, but it's unfair to compare it to attacking someone for their race or sexuality, for the reasons I stated. And how did I add to the jest of the other two posters?

I don't need newspapers to know that people have been bullied for having ginger hair and I don't need you to tell me that bullying someone for having ginger hair, or in fact bullying someone for anything at all, is wrong.

This is clearly an issue you care about and that's fine, but don't attack me when I've said nothing rude about people with ginger hair or defended bullying of people with ginger hair.
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

A wholly unnecessary and inappropriate response from Slappy.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

The sole director of Animalates UK Ltd is Nigel Hansford who just happens to be a director of Wigan Rugby League Club and Lenagan Investments Ltd. Looks like it's a return to the days of being sponsored by the Daily Mirror or Pergamon Press!
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Great logo for the shirt. It's virtually invisible from a distance.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

neilw wrote:A wholly unnecessary and inappropriate response from Slappy.
So you, Kernow Yellow and joepoolman just raised the issue of Kitson's hair colour because...? The colour of his hair is not relevant to anything so why mention it at all?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Dr Bob wrote:
So you, Kernow Yellow and joepoolman just raised the issue of Kitson's hair colour because...? The colour of his hair is not relevant to anything so why mention it at all?
Simply because it, our new shirt colour and new sponsor's logo are strikingly similar in colour. As indeed is Kitson's sunburn in that photo in the Oxford Mail linked to earlier in the thread. Or am I now being racist mentioning his skin colour as well? Jesus.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

slappy wrote:for any other ignoranamuses out there
Classy, thanks Slappy.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

this thread is gold
yellowportly
Brat

Post by yellowportly »

Kernow Yellow wrote:
Dr Bob wrote:
Simply because it, our new shirt colour and new sponsor's logo are strikingly similar in colour. As indeed is Kitson's sunburn in that photo in the Oxford Mail linked to earlier in the thread. Or am I now being racist mentioning his skin colour as well? Jesus.
I don't think Jesus will help you on this one KY.

People with ginger hair do get bullied because of the colour of their hair; FACT. People making casual and jocular remarks about it doesn't help to end that cycle of harassment. That's the point.
--== Keep On Keepin' On ==--
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

portly wrote:
People with ginger hair do get bullied because of the colour of their hair; FACT. People making casual and jocular remarks about it doesn't help to end that cycle of harassment. That's the point.
Yes, I get the first part thanks. People get bullied for all manner of reasons - being fat, being thin, being clever, being thick, being blonde, being ginger. I don't condone bullying in any shape or form. But I don't agree that simply mentioning that someone's hair is the same colour as their shirt is contributing to a cycle of harrassment. I mean, everybody chooses their clothes because of the colour of their hair, skin, eyes etc don't they? I know I do. Some clothes don't look great on some people - FACT. In Kitson's case he has no choice, because that is the colour we have decided to play in, and , more relevantly to the thread, that is the colour of our new sponsor's logo as well. That's all I was saying. But if people really think that that is offensive, then I won't mention it again.
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

This thread beggars belief. Woe betide anyone who calls a player fat or thin or short or tall these days
yellowportly
Brat

Post by yellowportly »

Kernow Yellow wrote:
portly wrote:
Yes, I get the first part thanks. People get bullied for all manner of reasons - being fat, being thin, being clever, being thick, being blonde, being ginger. I don't condone bullying in any shape or form. But I don't agree that simply mentioning that someone's hair is the same colour as their shirt is contributing to a cycle of harrassment. I mean, everybody chooses their clothes because of the colour of their hair, skin, eyes etc don't they? I know I do. Some clothes don't look great on some people - FACT. In Kitson's case he has no choice, because that is the colour we have decided to play in, and , more relevantly to the thread, that is the colour of our new sponsor's logo as well. That's all I was saying. But if people really think that that is offensive, then I won't mention it again.
yeah, I probably over-reacted, so sorry for that ...
--== Keep On Keepin' On ==--
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Presumably it's still okay to call a Slumdon fan every name under the sun?