Where are they now?

Anything yellow and blue
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re: Where are they now?

Post by Mooro »

Mooro wrote:This one is more a 'where are they not any more' for two former club employees:

http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article ... 56356.aspx

depending on where there go, this could mean we have no former youth players in the PL next season for the first time in a long time...wonder who will be the next one to get there.....?
http://www.darlingtonandstocktontimes.c ... t/10480596._/

Whitehead in demand among Championship sides....
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Andy Burgess has announced he is doing pre-season at Scott McNiven's Hyde United, with a view to a comeback.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Apparently Josh Payne was released from prison yesterday. I wonder where he'll end up? I predict Basingstoke.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

Breathtaking.

The man is a clown. His arrogance is astonishing. I fear for genuine Newcastle fans - as indeed I felt for Sunderland fans when Di Canio was appointed last season.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

amershamwrighty wrote:The man is a clown.
As Newcastle are a circus, this seems the perfect appointment.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

There's only one joke in 'ere....
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

I was trying to remember the circumstances of Kinnear's spell at OUFC. As I recall, Kassam appointed him DoF at the start of our last season at the Manor - I think it was his first job back in the game after his first heart attack. Kinnear in turn appointed Kemp manager, and basically never showed up or did anything himself. Midway through the season he left, claiming he wanted to spend more time with his family and look after his health. But then a few days later he took the same job at Luton, and immediately sacked their manager and did the job himself. There then followed the infamous midweek game at Kenilworth Road, where the travelling yellows fans made their feelings towards Kinnear known in no uncertain terms, and post-match Kinnear in turn launched a scathing attack on us and OUFC in general. At the end of the season both Us and Luton were relegated.

Does anyone else remember any more detail of his tenure, or the nature of his criticisms of the club/Kassam when he was at Luton?
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

I find it really difficult to be rational or unemotional whenever Kinnear's name is mentioned.

We've had managers at OUFC who 'weren't very good' - Bill Asprey, Malcolm Shotton for example, but no-one comes close to Kinnear when it comes to being both unsuccessful and a lying a*sehole without a shred of human decency.

I can feel myself getting wound up at the thought of him so will post this forthwith.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Joe’s first fans forum at the old Manor Social Club was unforgettable. Emotions were running high due to the uncertainties of the Stadium move situation and the meeting was opened and chaired by a guy called David Pryor. Dave started by asking for a bit of respect amongst the fans and in particular a call to keep the language clean as the local media were present, despite the fact that it was a football event and passions were running high. Then he handed over to JK to get his views on the situation and what followed was a tirade of industrial language that was not so much shocking but pathetic. As the weeks unfolded I discovered what Joe had been up to behind the back of ‘Kemp Out’ (who later went on and made a decent living out of football) and pissing off not only the manger but the owner and supporters, so the only reason I can see that makes sense is that Mike Ashley is regretting giving Alan Pardew an unprecedented eight year Premier League contract and is using Joe as a lever to get him out.

I really hope that at Newcastle Joe’s contract package includes as many free burgers as he can eat.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

This is an extract of Kinnear's Press Conference when appointed
Newcastle's Manager in 2008 - a truly shocking foul mouth rant.
Pryor (what ever happened to him?) got off very lightly in comparison:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008 ... mierleague
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Harrogate town snap up Leigh Franks.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Another 'where are they not any more' as Tom Winters has decided to leave Brackley according to their 'official' supporters feed. No indication of a destination yet.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

I think that if there has ever been a time for one more AFC in football, then arise Sir Geordie of AFC Toon.
There's enough of them milling around SJP (and/or protesting outside it) every week to raise a pretty penny between them, buy a nice chunk of land on the metro not too far out of town, build the Sir Bobby Stadium, get Mr Shearer on board for a figurehead (hell, Keegan would probably take the managers job) and start again...
...Pardew could sit tight, wait for his constructive dismissal claim to go through, contribute a hefty chunk to the cause, restore his status as a Toon legend and they should be sorted....

More major trophies coming to Oxfordshire than Tyneside over the last 40odd years, is not a stat they will be taking lightly.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

This fella is beginning to challenge JLo for number of clubs!

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/city ... top-23258/

That's about 17 now!