Stevenage Preview

Anything yellow and blue
Mally
Grumpy old git

Stevenage Preview

Post by Mally »

There's a Stevenage preview on the official site suggesting that burgess will come in for the suspended Hargreaves and Day for the injured Quinn at full back.

Jim Smith commenting on the game says &quotThey have to win, and we have to not lose, and I think it will be a super game&quot. Am I alone in thinking this sends out a negative signal. It would appear that he's given up on catching D&ampR and is happy to draw games at home to ensure a playoff place. Surely its even more of a must win game for us than Stevenage. They'd be happy to go away with a point whereas our fans will be demanding no less than three points.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: Stevenage Preview

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotMally&quot wrote:There's a Stevenage preview on the official site suggesting that burgess will come in for the suspended Hargreaves and Day for the injured Quinn at full back.

Jim Smith commenting on the game says &quotThey have to win, and we have to not lose, and I think it will be a super game&quot. Am I alone in thinking this sends out a negative signal. It would appear that he's given up on catching D&ampR and is happy to draw games at home to ensure a playoff place. Surely its even more of a must win game for us than Stevenage. They'd be happy to go away with a point whereas our fans will be demanding no less than three points.
I see what Jim means. A defeat could prove very damaging - teams outside the play-off places would be within touching distance of us with games in hand.

I think it's a massive game. Win, and we'd help cement that play-off spot, and keep the momentum going in case a title push becomes a possibility. I wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw, given our form over the last 3 months.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Or perhaps he is just trying to take the pressure off.

Pity Quinn is injured but Day did a good solid job at Tamworth.

If Pettefer is fit I would have in in for Hargreaves, purely for the work ethic, even though I've been standing up for Burgess lately.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote:There's a Stevenage preview on the official site suggesting that burgess will come in for the suspended Hargreaves and Day for the injured Quinn at full back.

I see what Jim means. A defeat could prove very damaging - teams outside the play-off places would be within touching distance of us with games in hand.

I think it's a massive game. Win, and we'd help cement that play-off spot, and keep the momentum going in case a title push becomes a possibility. I wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw, given our form over the last 3 months.
Smithy's playing mind games. We'll go for them.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotResurrection Ox&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:

Smithy's playing mind games. We'll go for them.
I agree, no point in holding back now.