Guess who's back!

Anything yellow and blue
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Guess who's back!

Post by joepoolman »

Adam Chapman, but bizarrely as cover for Jake Wright who is going to have a scan on his back, presumably that makes Whing cover for Wright and Chappy cover for Whing?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re: Guess who's back!

Post by Snake »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:Adam Chapman, but bizarrely as cover for Jake Wright who is going to have a scan on his back, presumably that makes Whing cover for Wright and Chappy cover for Whing?
Bet he was looking forward to Wembley, Newport only have to overcome Wealdstone to get there.
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:Adam Chapman, but bizarrely as cover for Jake Wright who is going to have a scan on his back, presumably that makes Whing cover for Wright and Chappy cover for Whing?
:shock: A Duberry/Whing centre back pairing would be far too pedestrian and will be slaughtered by the red filth. Worley surely has to be the better bet.

Good news on Chappers though. Hopefully he'll make a few sub appearances now.
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

Sounds as if Chapman has played very well at Newport and he could add something to our midfield.

A real worry about Jake Wright though
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

&quotJohn Byrne's Underpants&quot wrote: :shock: A Duberry/Whing centre back pairing would be far too pedestrian and will be slaughtered by the red filth. Worley surely has to be the better bet.

Good news on Chappers though. Hopefully he'll make a few sub appearances now.
I agree with the Duberry/Whing point, but I think Whing would be cover if something went wrong with Dubes or Worley, meaning Chapman's needed as cover for Whing.

I'm very worried about Wright as I was told yesterday that the club are concerned that he'll be out for the season :( I think he's been our most consistent outfield player since promotion!
yellowportly
Brat

Post by yellowportly »

&quotJohn Byrne's Underpants&quot wrote:the red filth
I love that phrase !
--== Keep On Keepin' On ==--
Bista yellow
Brat

Post by Bista yellow »

Whing would be replacement for Dubes or Worley if they got injured/sent off, meaning Chapman's needed as cover for Whing who has been very good of late agreed.

I don't think we'll miss Wright too much though his distribution has been awful all season, and I think Wilder would of tried out Worley earlier if Wright was not captain!
Bicester will be back
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

&quotBista yellow&quot wrote: I don't think we'll miss Wright too much though his distribution has been awful all season, and I think Wilder would of tried out Worley earlier if Wright was not captain!
Don't agree with this view. I think Wright has been our best defender for a while now. He is more of a footballing centre half than the others. His distribution is way better than that of Dubes who has only seemed able to hit the ball 80 yards out for a goal kick or into the opposition keepers' arms since hge came back from injury. Thought Worley looked very nervous when he had the ball at his feet on Saturday. And Wright is quicker than these two and pretty good at reading situations.

Big, big loss. He's been out with a bad back before and I think it was a known that he had this weakness when we got him.
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotBista yellow&quot wrote: I don't think we'll miss Wright too much though his distribution has been awful all season, and I think Wilder would of tried out Worley earlier if Wright was not captain!
Don't agree with this view. I think Wright has been our best defender for a while now. He is more of a footballing centre half than the others. His distribution is way better than that of Dubes who has only seemed able to hit the ball 80 yards out for a goal kick or into the opposition keepers' arms since hge came back from injury. Thought Worley looked very nervous when he had the ball at his feet on Saturday. And Wright is quicker than these two and pretty good at reading situations.

Big, big loss. He's been out with a bad back before and I think it was a known that he had this weakness when we got him.
Yep I agree. The fact the opposition more often than not tend to target Duberry far more than Wright is telling in itself. No he's not perfect but then he wouldn't be playing in League Two if he was! Worrying about the back.
Bista yellow
Brat

Post by Bista yellow »

Obviously you’re entitled to your opinion but personally still think Worley deserves a chance he’s going to be a bit nervous having not seen much first team action.

Dubes does love a good long ball agreed, normally diagonally, aiming at Beano which is not the best but at least it doesn’t put us under pressure like some of Wright’s wayward short passes have.
Bicester will be back