Disquiet in the camp

Anything yellow and blue
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Disquiet in the camp

Post by A-Ro »

It's just come to my attention that the recent disquiet in the team is all down to Andy Awford. Apparently the players can't stand him.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re: Disquiet in the camp

Post by Baboo »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:It's just come to my attention that the recent disquiet in the team is all down to Andy Awford. Apparently the players can't stand him.
Oh dear. And he's Jim's mate is he not.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Source?
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Yes, I too am wary of such statements.

I'd imagine he's in the slightly awkward position of being the go-between between JS and the squad.

I'd suggest our rotten form until recently was much more a result of a formation that wasn't working, than any internal arguments.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:Source?
No one is going to reveal a true source of this sort of information on a public forum like this as the source would very quickly dry up.
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Isaac »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
No one is going to reveal a true source of this sort of information on a public forum like this as the source would very quickly dry up.
Nearly all of these rumours often turn out to be untrue as well - it only takes a couple of pints and someone &quotwith links to the club&quot is spouting forth in their local pub. It's preposterous ken.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Resurrection Ox »

95% of such 'rumours' are bollocks.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotIsaac&quot wrote:
Nearly all of these rumours often turn out to be untrue as well - it only takes a couple of pints and someone &quotwith links to the club&quot is spouting forth in their local pub. It's preposterous ken.
I think we all learn to know who can be trusted to give good information, and therefore also those who give poor information.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotIsaac&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: No one is going to reveal a true source of this sort of information on a public forum like this as the source would very quickly dry up.
I think we all learn to know who can be trusted to give good information, and therefore also those who give poor information.
Which is the sort of clarification I was after - not an outright naming of the source.

&quotIt has come to my attention...&quot doesn't have the same rumour plausibility rating as &quotMy neighbour who knows someone at the club and had given good info in the past says....&quot
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotResurrection Ox&quot wrote:
95% of such 'rumours' are bollocks.
I’d say that 95% is rather wide of the mark as it’s more like 99%.

What puzzles me is why people start such rumours, and in partic the community that inhabit TiU - http://www.oxfordshireforums.co.uk/topi ... hichpage=1
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:
&quotIsaac&quot wrote: Nearly all of these rumours often turn out to be untrue as well - it only takes a couple of pints and someone &quotwith links to the club&quot is spouting forth in their local pub. It's preposterous ken.
Which is the sort of clarification I was after - not an outright naming of the source.

&quotIt has come to my attention...&quot doesn't have the same rumour plausibility rating as &quotMy neighbour who knows someone at the club and had given good info in the past says....&quot
Funnily enough, I didn't mean quite like that, I meant getting to know who publishes reliably on forums, rather than the publsiehrs sources.

I don't really see any additional benefit in &quotrevealing&quot someone on the inside said such and such, as it is easy to add that tag line to a rumour without it being true.

I find it much more reliable to rely on those who have regularly told me things in the past which have actually occurred and not told me things which turned out to be false.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

As in the 6 degrees of separation, I am 2 degrees away from the source, but then again I'm only 2 degrees away from Madonna as well.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Or three degrees away from Fayette Pickney?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Or three degrees away from Fayette Pickney?
HaHaHaHaHaHa - You won't get wit of that sophistication on TiU