22%
Hate 'em
78%

Total votes: 27

Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Drums

Post by Geoff »

Can't stand drums almost as much as I loathe goal scoring music. If you can't make any noise when your team's just scored then go and watch ice hockey.
Frank
Puberty

Post by Frank »

Don't think I missed it:

[Insert Name] (Alex Rae I remember well) ........is the horses Arse!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re: Drumming up support

Post by Snake »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:Given that I'm feeling all democratic, here's another poll:

Drums at football matches:

Love 'em

Hate 'em

I must admit, I love 'em.

But then, I've always said I ever buy the club, I'll change our shorts to royal blue, put green trim on our yellow shirt, and introduce Brazilian drums and beautiful women all around the ground.

Minchery Farm desperately lacks atmosphere, I think drums would liven it up no end. Both Aldershot matches this year have been by far the best atmosphere, and it's largely thanks to their drum.

Discuss.
Sorry to turn this subject back to the original topic, but 5,000 people today witnessed the unveiling of the giant flag in the North Stand by someone who quite obviously is the last person who cares about it.

Could the money have been better spent on a drum or two, given that they are not so cumbersome to manage?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:[
Sorry to turn this subject back to the original topic, but 5,000 people today witnessed the unveiling of the giant flag in the North Stand by someone who quite obviously is the last person who cares about it.

Could the money have been better spent on a drum or two, given that they are not so cumbersome to manage?
I must have missed this - any chance of an explanation please Snake.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Sorry to turn this subject back to the original topic, but 5,000 people today witnessed the unveiling of the giant flag in the North Stand by someone who quite obviously is the last person who cares about it.
I noticed that too, I think that they should have had at least 2 people unfurling it which would have made the whole exercise look less laboured.
Last edited by A-Ro on Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark G
Puberty

Post by Mark G »

Turning the subject back to the old chants. The classic when in financial trouble and winning 'We're bust and we're beating you'.

Also '3-0 and you Fvcked it up' if we were way behind and came back to either draw or win. Portsmouth 5-5 springs instantly to mind.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Ooooogh, Aaargh, Oooooogh, Aaaaargh directed at any visiting supporters considered to have a rural accent (without even a hint of irony!)

You're just a small team in Wales (to Chester/ Shrewsbury etc)
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:

Come on Baboo, pay attention.

The topic of conversation for the first 30 minutes of the game was the lack of enthusiam shown by the guy laying out the flag in the North Stand.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotDLT&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:

Come on Baboo, pay attention.

The topic of conversation for the first 30 minutes of the game was the lack of enthusiam shown by the guy laying out the flag in the North Stand.
Er didn't notice it Dave. I was watching the game you see,
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:To the same tune as the above - the Keith Cox protest at the Manor.

Where’s the money gone
Where’s the money gone

(I started that one)
Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.
entirely disenchanted
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:To the same tune as the above - the Keith Cox protest at the Manor.

Where’s the money gone
Where’s the money gone

(I started that one)
Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.
Now THAT is a posting that needs some explanation!!
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Think &quotrewriting history&quot?
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Interestingly, this topic hasn't created one new song, just dug up some (pretty unspectacular) efforts from the past.

Can we come up with a couple of new songs?

To set the ball rolling:

His name is Robert Duffy
He's always in a huffy...
He doesn't score enoughy
He just takes penalties

du du du duh du du...

(to the tune of the Adams family.)
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

[quote=&quotResurrection Ox
Er didn't notice it Dave. I was watching the game you see,[/quote]

And I was too.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Sorry to drag this one up again but lots of people at Edgar Street seemed to like using a percussion instruments (aka a temporary stand) to up the noise levels in the later stages of the second half. It seems to work at other clubs and apparently the Bristol Rovers game is about making more noise than Them.