Creeping out early

Anything yellow and blue
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by joepoolman »

&quotSnake&quot wrote: I think you should stick to this thread that you started up about the price of matchday tickets and pies (as no one much is reading that so you can get away with things much better) while you learn about how to put across a reasoned and constructive point (or not). No offence intended, as when you’ve got the hang of it you can then come back with a different handle on here and no one will know. If it helps then I’m impressed by your use of apostrophes even though your spelling does let you down a bit at times.
If you want to disagree with me fine. If you want to judge people by they're spelling then fine. But I'm not going to hide behind a new name just because you think I'm not very intelligent.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Dr Bob »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotDr Bob&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote:I'm so worried by the PC brigade that I feel guilty every time I hold a door open for a female!
Here's a way to avoid those feelings - show that degree of civility towards everybody.
Agree – it drives me crazy when people walking in front of me just let the door close in my face.

How about giving up your seat in a bus? Anyone else dreading the moment when some well meaning youngster offers you their seat? I know I am.
Been there, was taken aback, but regained my composure swiftly, thanked him profusely and sat down. The kids aren't so bad...
headless_pnub
Brat

Re:

Post by headless_pnub »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:
&quotheadless_pnub&quot wrote:
I'm sure the women of the world are thankful that you have decided their opinion for them. It really does make thinks so much easy and after all they are less likely to burn your dinner when they don't have to worry about silly things like opinions.

Are but this is football fans so it should be taken with a pinch of salt, like those bananas, oh wait...

You really haven't though your argument through have you.
I don't see why you have to be so agressive. I haven't decided what women think, it's just what I believe what most women would be offended by, that's two very different things. And the bananas was a pre-meditated incident of racial hatred, there was no hatred in this, just a bit of frustration at a decision.
I'm sorry you thought I was being aggressive, but I've decided that I don't think most people in your position would consider it aggressive, so it's all ok.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote: I think you should stick to this thread that you started up about the price of matchday tickets and pies (as no one much is reading that so you can get away with things much better) while you learn about how to put across a reasoned and constructive point (or not). No offence intended, as when you’ve got the hang of it you can then come back with a different handle on here and no one will know. If it helps then I’m impressed by your use of apostrophes even though your spelling does let you down a bit at times.
If you want to disagree with me fine. If you want to judge people by they're spelling then fine. But I'm not going to hide behind a new name just because you think I'm not very intelligent.
There are lots of disagreements on here, so that’s ok – it’s how Rage Online works. I was simply suggesting that you get your facts right before reacting and posting your thoughts on here without checking things out beforehand. And getting the spelling right is dead easy these days. Apostrophes are different though as some people can be a bit picky on here about them - “they're
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotSnake&quot wrote: Seems like we’ve now officially lost Bridle. This has been going on for months and I’m surprised it taken this long for it to become public knowledge.
First time you've mentioned it Snake!

Did I hear on RadOx after the game that they're hoping to get them into the Football League in 5 years? You've got admire their ambition when they currently have only a few hundred supporters and the 30,000 other local fans flood to a slightly larger club about 3 miles away. Perhaps they're hoping to pick up the ones who won't be able to afford Premiership prices?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

[quote=&quotSnake&quot]And getting the spelling right is dead easy these days. Apostrophes are different though as some people can be a bit picky on here about them - “they're
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Or a conjunction, even,
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Or a conjunction, even,
A comma at the end? Dear oh dear, standards are slipping....
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Re:

Post by Joey's Toe »

Just a quick addendum on the sexism thing.

Did anyone else think the whole half-time entertainment things yesterday (with the OUFC mobile girls wandering round in tiny pants) and in particular Rosie's ill-concealed ogling of them was just a tiny teeny bit anachronistic.

&quotPhwoar, whilst we wait for the football to redstart, let's gawp at these lovelies. Hasn't this one got a big pair of knockers? Crikey...&quot

(I paraphrase, of course)
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
They are!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotHog&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
They are!
:? That was a deliberate (and legitimate) use of punctuation.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

There is a four dot ellipsis, but I am not sure it is valid there and, even were it valid, I am not sure that it would not require an additional space.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

This is more like it. We have'nt had a good argument about Grammer for a while?
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Dartford Ox »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:This is more like it. We have'nt had a good argument about Grammer for a while?
I'll bite.

You should have used your spillchocker.
bspittles
Brat

Re:

Post by bspittles »

&quotDartford Ox&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:This is more like it. We have'nt had a good argument about Grammer for a while?
I'll bite.

You should have used your spillchocker.
Should of

:wink: