Richard Hill....

Anything yellow and blue
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Richard Hill....

Post by Myles Francis »

....has been suspended by QPR following his Rocky Balboa impersonation in the game against China U-23s.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re: Richard Hill....

Post by Baboo »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:....has been suspended by QPR following his Rocky Balboa impersonation in the game against China U-23s.
I do remember him as something of a hard case. That's Hill, not Balboa.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Richard Hill....

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:....has been suspended by QPR following his Rocky Balboa impersonation in the game against China U-23s.
I do remember him as something of a hard case. That's Hill, not Balboa.
I did work experience with John Clinkard when Hill was at the club. &quotHead case&quot might be as an apt description as &quothard case&quot!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Wasn't his career cut short by a horrific tackle in a pre-season friendly just when he was really getting going for us?

The double purchase of him and Bardsley was one of the best bits of business I can remember the club doing.
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re:

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Wasn't his career cut short by a horrific tackle in a pre-season friendly just when he was really getting going for us?
Aylesbury United wasn't it?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I see The times are saying he has been arrested as well.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSteMerritt&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Wasn't his career cut short by a horrific tackle in a pre-season friendly just when he was really getting going for us?
Aylesbury United wasn't it?
Yes. I was stood about 4 yards away. It was absolutely horrendous. The referee was so weak he let the perpetrator try the same out on another of our players without taking and action. As Hill lay there he said to (Jimmy Phillips?) - &quotI'm finished&quot . I called the animal who did it a few choice words and he suggested that I wait around after the game. I didn't.