Is there life on Mars?

Anything yellow and blue
headless_pnub
Brat

Post by headless_pnub »

Well in that case...

no, I have to say i'm not a great fan of Duffy and my Dad who came to only his second Oxford game (against Cambridge) couldn't understand why he was still on the pitch 'cause he was so lazy. That said, there is no-one else in the squad who has been able to score like he has, no matter how they come. And right now I'd rather a lazy player who scores that an energetic one who doesn't.

I really think that Grebis is still settling in to the squad, country and type of football being played, but he has show a few good signs and i really think he can be a good player for us when he finds his form.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Ok fine I missed a goal that Robinson scored in a meaningless FA Trophy game - still can't see him scoring more then 10 in a season even if he played every match.

I think it's too early to judge Grebis, all players need games to settle in especially when he hadn't played for a while. However, I've seen little to suggest football at this level suits him, he doesn't win anything in the air, looses the ball far too easily and gives away far too many stupid fouls.

I'm all for giving him time and games to settle in - but have we got that luxury at the moment?

I don't think Duffy is a fantastic player but like you said he's the only player apart from Yemi who looks a threat and who the oppositon have to cheat to keep quiet and therefore I feel he should be given some slack.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:Ok fine I missed a goal that Robinson scored in a meaningless FA Trophy game - still can't see him scoring more then 10 in a season even if he played every match.

I think it's too early to judge Grebis, all players need games to settle in especially when he hadn't played for a while. However, I've seen little to suggest football at this level suits him, he doesn't win anything in the air, looses the ball far too easily and gives away far too many stupid fouls.

I'm all for giving him time and games to settle in - but have we got that luxury at the moment?

I don't think Duffy is a fantastic player but like you said he's the only player apart from Yemi who looks a threat and who the oppositon have to cheat to keep quiet and therefore I feel he should be given some slack.
Aha, so goals in the FAT are meaningless then. Weren't 2 of Duffer's goals in the FAT? And he scored one the the FAC so perhaps we should exclude that as well. Its not looking good for Ty's golden boy Duffer. The meaningful total is dropping each time Ty posts on here. :lol:
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Isaac »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotty cobb&quot wrote:Ok fine I missed a goal that Robinson scored in a meaningless FA Trophy game - still can't see him scoring more then 10 in a season even if he played every match.

Aha, so goals in the FAT are meaningless then. Weren't 3 of Duffer's goals in the FAT?
We better be careful, if we are taking away meaningless goals in the FA Trophy, goals from penalties, goals that didn't count because he'd already scored a previous goal in that game and own goals then soon enough Duffy will have a negative number of goals scored this season.

In fact, if we use those rules this year I think the team has only got 9 &quotproper&quot goals all season.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotIsaac&quot wrote:

Aha, so goals in the FAT are meaningless then. Weren't 3 of Duffer's goals in the FAT?
We better be careful, if we are taking away meaningless goals in the FA Trophy, goals from penalties, goals that didn't count because he'd already scored a previous goal in that game and own goals then soon enough Duffy will have a negative number of goals scored this season.

In fact, if we use those rules this year I think the team has only got 9 &quotproper&quot goals all season.
Now you're just being silly... :lol:
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotIsaac&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: Aha, so goals in the FAT are meaningless then. Weren't 3 of Duffer's goals in the FAT?

Now you're just being silly... :lol:
You also forgot goals that are not 'pleasing on the eye' They don't count either.

By my reckoning Yemi and Duffy are now equal top scorers.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Do long range wondergoals score double? If so, it's Matty Day for the win!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:According to the Rage Online databank, Duffy has scored 19 goals (for us) this season - 16 in the league, and 3 in Cup competitions.

Don't know where the rest of you are getting your stats from...
My apologies, though the apologies ought to come from Soccerbase.com

Their site does not show his scoring away to Halifax in the FAT defeat, or away to D&ampR in the FAC - http://www.soccerbase.com/players_detai ... erid=41821

So Soccerbase.com obviously don’t like Duffer either!

(I’ll use the RageOnline database in future as it’s clearly more accurate).
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

The 5 live commentators strongly suggested that Thierry Henry wasn’t that interested yesterday and was not putting in all he could. I have not heard Arsenal fans having a go – or perhaps they do.

That said I do wish Duffer would work harder (or at least appear to). As for the incident where he got hurt I did not see him start it. But if he did then it is hard to argue that he didn’t get what he deserved.

“I quite enjoy a bit of tension being in the air, its easy enough to avoid trouble and the atmosphere is much improved
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotSnake&quot wrote: (I’ll use the RageOnline database in future as it’s clearly more accurate).
And don't you forget it!

I've noticed quite a few errors in Soccerbase - not that surprising really considering the amount of info in there, but it's worth being aware that it's not infallible.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

[quote=&quotBaboo&quot]“I quite enjoy a bit of tension being in the air, its easy enough to avoid trouble and the atmosphere is much improved
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

“I quite enjoy a bit of tension being in the air, it’s easy enough to avoid trouble and the atmosphere is much improved
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

[quote=&quotBaboo&quot]

“I quite enjoy a bit of tension being in the air, its easy enough to avoid trouble and the atmosphere is much improved
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:The 5 live commentators strongly suggested that Thierry Henry wasn’t that interested yesterday and was not putting in all he could. I have not heard Arsenal fans having a go – or perhaps they do.
Well, they do. There are plenty of Arsenal fans around who get fed up with Henry going missing in games - particularly the big ones.
headless_pnub
Brat

Re:

Post by headless_pnub »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:The 5 live commentators strongly suggested that Thierry Henry wasn’t that interested yesterday and was not putting in all he could. I have not heard Arsenal fans having a go – or perhaps they do.
Well, they do. There are plenty of Arsenal fans around who get fed up with Henry going missing in games - particularly the big ones.
Well in that case maybe we can swap him for Duffy 'til the end of the season and see what they think then.