Luton Bid for Beano

Anything yellow and blue
Bushy
Toddler

Luton Bid for Beano

Post by Bushy »

Good Morning All,
Apparently Luton have put in a bid for £110,000 for Constable. Whether this is a straight cash bid or Barnes-Homer may be involved somewhere.

Allegedly Constable has not been happy and has spoken to Craddock about Luton, who is also not happy at the present time.

I hope this is not accepted.
Turn Byrney, turn.
DANCHU-4-OU
Baby

Post by DANCHU-4-OU »

Total Bull****!

That rumour has been around for years now!! Btw, where did you get the information from???
Bushy
Toddler

Post by Bushy »

A friend of Craddocks is a member at my work.
Turn Byrney, turn.
headless_pnub
Brat

Post by headless_pnub »

If Constable wants away then I'd take the money and run. If he's not interested in staying and fighting for his place as soon as a little competition come in then fair enough.

That said I think it's complete bollocks. Besides, where has Luton suddenly got money from? The club is flat out broke.
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

Yep, probably a load of old tosh. However, I'm not as alarmed at this news, if it did subsequently turn out to be true, as in previous times. I think we could now cope without Constable were he to leave.

Agree with headless. If Constable is unhappy as a result of a few pre season friendlies and one league match then tough luck. But, as I said, probably a load of old tosh.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Kelvin said on Rad OX that a bid had been received and rejected and also mentioned that everyone has a price. which they of course do.
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Re:

Post by Joey's Toe »

&quotJohn Byrne's Underpants&quot wrote:I think we could now cope without Constable were he to leave.
That.

My only concern would be whether we've identified a potential replacement - although Lewis Guy could be that, er guy perhaps.
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Re:

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:Kelvin said on Rad OX that a bid had been received and rejected and also mentioned that everyone has a price. which they of course do.
Also, apparently, a League 1 side is sniffing around, but no formal offer as yet.

There has also been interest in Jake Wright I think as well.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Well I certainly don’t think we would cope very well if Beano left and I think this story is complete nonsense – why would he want to drop out the league when he has demonstrated that he’s too good for the conference? He should be looking at the likes of Steve Morrison and thinking that’s where I can get to if I keep banging the goals in.

However, I find some fans attitude towards our main striker somewhat bizarre. 26, 26, 17. These are the goals he has scored for us in the seasons since joining us. I can’t think of one player we’ve had over the last 10 years that would get this many goals in 3 seasons. He has the potential to go on and break the top goalscorer record at Oxford and whilst his goals may be at a lower level they aren’t any less important in my eyes.

And it’s not just his goals, his attitude and work rate are first class. He is also a fans favourite – one of the few players who fans chant for – selling him to someone like Luton Town for such a small amount of money would show a complete lack of ambition from the club, something which I don’t think the club has at the moment.

We were overly defensive last season, didn’t create many chances for our strikers yet he still managed 17 goals in his first proper season in the league pretty good I think.

I would however, if I was Beano, be upset about having the captaincy taken off me and given to a player who looked so scruffy he couldn’t even get in the team photo, I actually agree with Wilder that a defender is usually best set for a captaincy but to take it away from Beano I thought at the time is unlikely to go down well and I actually thought being captain stopped Beano from getting so many yellow cards.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:Kelvin said on Rad OX that a bid had been received and rejected and also mentioned that everyone has a price. which they of course do.
When did he say this? Was it recently or is this old news?
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Re:

&quotRoo&quot wrote:
Today.

If you go to the BBC Sport Oxford United football page there is a link to the interview.

Ty, I'm not saying we wouldn't miss him or not that he's been a great servant to the club, just that I think we could cope without him if he left, that's all.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotRoo&quot wrote:
A Radox interview at midday today. Also backed up by a Yellow Player interview on OWS.

We've seen that to fit Constable and Smalley needs a bit of tinkering with formation (and with Craddock) that is three centre forwards. JC could be tempted by a move away for more money if he is not the main striker anymore, and KT may well be interested if the price is right too. Also I think JC has moved to Wooton Bassett. So a move to one of the Western clubs like Brizzle could be possible.

Also said Jake Wright's team photo absence was for an elbow investigation at hospital.
DANCHU-4-OU
Baby

Re:

Post by DANCHU-4-OU »

&quotBushy&quot wrote:A friend of Craddocks is a member at my work.

Apologies to &quotBushy&quot :?

Looks as if Luton may had made a formal bid after all, just wondering whether Lewis guy has been brought in to give time for Beano to make up his mind, or whether it is cover for Aaron Woodley who is rumoured to being moving to Hayes &amp Yeading on loan.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Is everyone forgetting that he jumped at the chance to sign a three year conteact in May? I know having the captaincy may have upset him, but the guy is clearly extremely passonate about the club, and I don't think that had much to do with being captain.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotJohn Byrne's Underpants&quot wrote:
&quotRoo&quot wrote:
Today.

If you go to the BBC Sport Oxford United football page there is a link to the interview.

Ty, I'm not saying we wouldn't miss him or not that he's been a great servant to the club, just that I think we could cope without him if he left, that's all.
We can cope in any player if he goes. Getting rid of your top scorer and fans favourite is never a good idea - and it seems KT is looking for an acceptable offer and we've made the decision to let him go.

Everyone has their price, for Beano it should be no less than half a million. I will be very disappointed if he goes, he's good enough for the league above and what does it say about our ambition that we're touting our best player about like this?