Peter Leven signs 2 year deal

Anything yellow and blue
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Oxford United new-boy Peter Leven admits he was 'gutted' to leave MK Dons but felt he deserved a better contract offer.

The 27-year-old midfielder shocked fans by dropping into League Two, with many believing he was destined for the Championship following his departure from stadium:mk.

Speaking to MKNEWS, Leven said: &quotThere was a contract on the table but I didn't think that offer was right. I didn't think I deserved what was being offered.&quot

Despite his disappointment, Leven is now looking forward to the new challenge of promotion with the U's.

&quotI was speaking to a few clubs from the Championship and League One but in the end I chose League Two.

&quotThe facilities here are top class, they get a good crowd every week and it's close to home. I am looking forward to the challenge, I've never had a promotion in my career.&quot
headless_pnub
Brat

Re:

Post by headless_pnub »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:Oxford United new-boy Peter Leven admits he was 'gutted' to leave MK Dons but felt he deserved a better contract offer.

The 27-year-old midfielder shocked fans by dropping into League Two, with many believing he was destined for the Championship following his departure from stadium:mk.

Speaking to MKNEWS, Leven said: &quotThere was a contract on the table but I didn't think that offer was right. I didn't think I deserved what was being offered.&quot

Despite his disappointment, Leven is now looking forward to the new challenge of promotion with the U's.

&quotI was speaking to a few clubs from the Championship and League One but in the end I chose League Two.

&quotThe facilities here are top class, they get a good crowd every week and it's close to home. I am looking forward to the challenge, I've never had a promotion in my career.&quot
I wouldn't underestimate the power of that last statement. You can sign for a club in a higher division, but nothing quite beats that feeling of winning promotion and he obviously sees us as a viable option to check that off his &quotbucket list&quot.