Peter Leven signs 2 year deal

Anything yellow and blue
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

... and a long throw! Hallelujah! Who was our last player with a proper long throw - maybe Jude Stirling? That said, let's hope we don't become a bit one dimensional with it. Couldn't be any worse than our &quotroutines&quot from last season though.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:&quot A big(ish) club for L2, but with nothing like our potential for growth.

Why do we hate them so - just a bit of reinforcement, not that it was needed in my case. (Not saying it isn't true mind. But our arrogance didn't help us much in the Conference for years one, two and three).

I think we each took the same number to Wembley and we were at a level below.

Perhaps Leven has a different view on potential for growth and development.

I thought we were supposed to hate everyone who had ever 'supported' MK Dons in any way?!

Remember, you want the club to fold so that they all lose their jobs.... :twisted:
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

I expect people said all this about Peter Fear :-(

(but I very much hope he's great!)
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by joepoolman »

&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote:... and a long throw! Hallelujah! Who was our last player with a proper long throw - maybe Jude Stirling? That said, let's hope we don't become a bit one dimensional with it. Couldn't be any worse than our &quotroutines&quot from last season though.
Remember Lewis Chalmers in the secod half of 09/10 season? Nothing special in midfield but had a decent throw, i remeber Gateshaed at home (I think, the game before we lost at stevanage...) where we owed the win to his throws...
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote:... and a long throw! Hallelujah! Who was our last player with a proper long throw - maybe Jude Stirling? That said, let's hope we don't become a bit one dimensional with it. Couldn't be any worse than our &quotroutines&quot from last season though.
Two dimensional surely! Isn't Capaldi supposed to be a bit of a slinger too?
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Sideshow Rob »

&quotHog&quot wrote:
Two dimensional surely! Isn't Capaldi supposed to be a bit of a slinger too?
Yes I'm sure I read this somewhere. The fans were too close at Didcot to make a long throw possible. It's a pity they are both left sided players.
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

A big 'Well done' to all our sponsers/backers for making this move possible.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

It looks like Leven had an operation for a broken metatarsal in May, how long do they take to heal?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:how long do they take to heal?
About a foot?
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Can vary but about 6 to 8 weeks I think.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:Can vary but about 6 to 8 weeks I think.
5th May he injured his foot and the operation was on the 10th May so he may just about be ready to start training a bit.
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotWerthers Original&quot wrote:I expect people said all this about Peter Fear :-(

My original thought at this post was that Fear must have been much older than Leven when he joined us, But I've just checked and amazingly he was only 26. Was certain he was past 30 at the time. Certainly played like a player way past his prime.

That's really shocked me, I'd have lost a lot of money on that!!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotYankee Clipper&quot wrote:
&quotWerthers Original&quot wrote:I expect people said all this about Peter Fear :-(

My original thought at this post was that Fear must have been much older than Leven when he joined us, But I've just checked and amazingly he was only 26. Was certain he was past 30 at the time. Certainly played like a player way past his prime.

That's really shocked me, I'd have lost a lot of money on that!!
It was Peter Fear's life style that made him look older than he was, allegedly.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quottheox&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:&quot A big(ish) club for L2, but with nothing like our potential for growth.

Why do we hate them so - just a bit of reinforcement, not that it was needed in my case. (Not saying it isn't true mind. But our arrogance didn't help us much in the Conference for years one, two and three).

I think we each took the same number to Wembley and we were at a level below.

Perhaps Leven has a different view on potential for growth and development.

I thought we were supposed to hate everyone who had ever 'supported' MK Dons in any way?!

Remember, you want the club to fold so that they all lose their jobs.... :twisted:

Think what you want. Interpret things as you desire.

I'll shake Mr Leven's hands and welcome him to the fold.
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

Interesting that CW points out today that all of the signings have been made within the budget.

My assumption is that the budget has been increased and it looks like the club are 'going for it'. On the basis that under KT the plan has always been to break even or make a profit, I wonder whether a loss is budgeted for this year or whether funds are alos coming from somewhere else?