Summary of 2010/11

Anything yellow and blue

What do you think Oxford Utd should achieve next season?

Champions
20%
Automatic Promotion
30%
Play off place
50%
Top Half of League 2
No votes
Bottom Half of League 2
No votes

Total votes: 10

OUFanatic
Toddler

Summary of 2010/11

Post by OUFanatic »

The dust has now settled on our first season back in the League.

Im interested to find out what we really all think of our season. I always said i would be happy with consolidation but thinking back and seeing whats happened, i find myself asking &quotam i really&quot?

In hindsight im disappointed that we didnt get a play off spot in truth, probably because of the success of Stevenage.

So, next season,what should we be happy with? Whats the minimum expectation?

Also does Wilder have to change his &quotTinker&quot policy? I for one think he changes the team and players too often and would like to see more consistency in selection.

Ive also run a poll as to where we hope to be.
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

Much of this has been covered before.

For me, happy to be back in the league, playing pretty good football, and with a sense (we don't really know the hard maths) that off the field, the club is going in the right direction.

This season has shown that the step up was much greater than most fans expected. That the quality of players is important, but needs complementing by commitment and organisation, which together lead to consistency - hence Stevenage getting promoted. Also note that Stevenage's top scorer has... 8 goals.

I also think Wilder is learning. His 'tinkering' is less evident, and we have to balance this criticism with the calls to 'give Kinni a game'. For some fans, 'tinkering' is dropping a favoured player. I was pleased to see that he did not stick with loan players who were not performing (Futcher, Wotton), and I hope he has had the sense not to sign MacLean for what would probably have been an inflated wage. His substitutions have become more varied and intelligent.

So, next season, we should make the play-offs. Better defensive organisation and concentration (whatever the personnel), and a little bit more guile to break down the teams which come to Grenoble Road intent on an efficient, defensive performance. As we all know, if we had beaten - say - two out of Hereford, Aldershot and Stockport at home last season...
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

We had a poll on this a couple of weeks ago. Here
OUFanatic
Toddler

Post by OUFanatic »

Thanks, i am getting forgetful in my old age

Ill get me coat