Will They come knocking?

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Why is the quoting thing not working now? I've got all the disabled options unchecked.
Disable HTML when posting.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

If a manager's 'success' was based purely on wins then Atkins would have been more popular. Even when we were top of the table people were bitching about the entertainment value of the football.

I don't care about entertainment when I have emotional investment!
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

Whatever happened to Statto?

Win percentages are interesting but don't tell the whole story. All sorts of variables need to be considered? eg where was the club financially at the time?

Or, more pertinently, what did the average supporter think about the club pre and post the particular manager's stewardship.

That's why I put Wilder in the top three...
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Any chance that admin could suspend this topic until Sheff United appoint a new manager please? Wilder is 7-2 to take the job ffs, so stop talking him up for a while, eh?
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Mmm, shortened from 25-1 to 7-2 on Sky Bet and 11-1 to 5-1 on Victor Chandler.
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Any chance that admin could suspend this topic until Sheff United appoint a new manager please? Wilder is 7-2 to take the job ffs, so stop talking him up for a while, eh?

Yeah Skybet regularly stalk Rageon. A massively influential site. :lol:

Westley has a better chance of being Shefff Utd manager than Wilder.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

Speaking of Westley - Stevenage were good value for their win this evening but was anyone else struck by the ill-fitting light grey suit Westley was wearing on the touchline ? It looked really crummy - cheap and nasty.

He needs to get himself a decent tailor if he really wants to shake off their non-league image.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Why is the quoting thing not working now? I've got all the disabled options unchecked.
Disable HTML when posting.
Oh yes.

That would have been interesting if I had managed to create the table in HTML, nobody would have been able to quote it.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote:Mmm, shortened from 25-1 to 7-2 on Sky Bet and 11-1 to 5-1 on Victor Chandler.
That's a significant shortening. But as has been pointed out CW has said that as a fan of the Blades he would not take the job. Has that attitude change I wonder. The pressure there would be immense after successive managers have failed &amp CW could soon end up sacked and at a club with less potential to move onwards and upwards than Ox Utd.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

I'm more worried about West Ham...... they are several degrees more desperate, and that close-run League Cup match won't have gone unnoticed - we were five minutes away from costing Avram Grant his job.

Plus no-one who is proven at that level is going to go anywhere near it. So they're going to have to pinch someone good
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:I'm more worried about West Ham...... they are several degrees more desperate, and that close-run League Cup match won't have gone unnoticed - we were five minutes away from costing Avram Grant his job.

Plus no-one who is proven at that level is going to go anywhere near it. So they're going to have to pinch someone good
One season in the League, mid table in Div 2 to Premiership relegatees (is this a proper word??) I don't think so.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:I'm more worried about West Ham...... they are several degrees more desperate, and that close-run League Cup match won't have gone unnoticed - we were five minutes away from costing Avram Grant his job.

One season in the League, mid table in Div 2 to Premiership relegatees (is this a proper word??) I don't think so.
Stranger things have happened, although having looked at the bookies I think our ex-youth coach is pretty much a certainty
Druid
Baby

Post by Druid »

Latest rumour from SUFC board - complete tosh.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2117501641
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

Westley is a good shout, experienced and his teams play good pacey football.
God they are a deluded bunch on the Sheff Utd forum
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

I would like to see him get a better chance at a higher club :shock: