Steppers
Brat

Will They come knocking?

Post by Steppers »

Tabbernackle
Brat

Wilder to Sheff U

Post by Tabbernackle »

That would make my day. Get rid of the arrogant git.
deanwindass
Puberty

Re: Wilder to Sheff U

Post by deanwindass »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:That would make my day. Get rid of the arrogant git.
Moron
Druid
Baby

Post by Druid »

CW has said that SUFC are the one club he WOULD NOT manage - because he is a fan.

Incidently that should be the Port Vale managerial vacancy sorted.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotdeanwindass&quot wrote:
&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:That would make my day. Get rid of the arrogant git.
Moron
What deanwindass said.

Speaking of managerial vacancies, I see the moonrakers are being linked with a well-known fascist.
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

No, I would go as far as calling him a moron. But he is getting more arrogant week by week. Shame really, I used to really like the guy.
headless_pnub
Brat

Re:

Post by headless_pnub »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:No, I would go as far as calling him a moron. But he is getting more arrogant week by week. Shame really, I used to really like the guy.
And that makes him a bad manager how? Maybe we should go for a quite, timid guy next time in case anyone accuses us of being arrogant.

What utter tosh!
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Name a top football manager who does not have a streak of arrogance...
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Paul Cooper »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:No, I would go as far as calling him a moron. But he is getting more arrogant week by week. Shame really, I used to really like the guy.
Why in football do people have such short memories (unless Tabbernackle is very young).

Even in the last 10 years:

Atkins
Rix
Wright
Patterson
Talbot

A little unfair lumping Atkins together with the others but the football was ghastly.

One of only 4 managers toi ever get promotion with us and there are comments like this.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

[quote=&quotKernow YellowSpeaking of managerial vacancies, I see the moonrakers are being linked with a well-known fascist.[/quote]

I thought that was a bit harsh on Jim Magilton (http://www.Slumdon.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=241508)
until I actually opened the article.
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

&quotheadless_pnub&quot wrote:
And that makes him a bad manager how? Maybe we should go for a quite, timid guy next time in case anyone accuses us of being arrogant.

What utter tosh!
Ignore him, responses such as yours are what he feeds on - people taking him seriously.

CW is fifth favourite at 11-1. i can't see it - I think the Sheffield United fans would see it as not a big enough name. Still, if there is ever a 'good' time to lose a talented manager it's now, when there is plenty of time for a successor to bed in.
bspittles
Brat

Post by bspittles »

I'd be more than happy to have Micky Adams come to us by way of exchange.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

I think it's been fairly obvious I am not a huge Wilder fan and have been critical of the within-season loan-driven team disruptions, but I'd be really unhappy if we had a shift of manager now. As various people have remarked, he has an &quotimprovement plan&quot ... and there is some sort of continuity now: even with the clear out, there is still a core of players who &quotknow the plan&quot to develop the squad for next season. A new manager coming in will start the whole process again - just like with Wilder, all those players won't be &quothis players&quot and so we'll be back to wholesale rebuilding. Continuity makes a big difference at our level.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Dr Bob »

&quotJoeyBeauchamp&quot wrote:
&quotheadless_pnub&quot wrote:

What utter tosh!
Ignore him, responses such as yours are what he feeds on - people taking him seriously.

CW is fifth favourite at 11-1. i can't see it - I think the Sheffield United fans would see it as not a big enough name. Still, if there is ever a 'good' time to lose a talented manager it's now, when there is plenty of time for a successor to bed in.
Appointing someone as manager who is a huge fan of the club and who has had some success in the lower divisions. Didn't work out too well last time The Blades tried that...
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote:I think it's been fairly obvious I am not a huge Wilder fan and have been critical of the within-season loan-driven team disruptions, but I'd be really unhappy if we had a shift of manager now. As various people have remarked, he has an &quotimprovement plan&quot ... and there is some sort of continuity now: even with the clear out, there is still a core of players who &quotknow the plan&quot to develop the squad for next season. A new manager coming in will start the whole process again - just like with Wilder, all those players won't be &quothis players&quot and so we'll be back to wholesale rebuilding. Continuity makes a big difference at our level.
I really do not understand why our supporters should NOT be huge fans of our current manager. I keep on harking back to December 2008 and the real mess our club was in.

To me, Wilder ranks in the top three of United managers with only Arthur Turner and Jim Smith outranking him. Yes, he has his faults but compare and contrast May2011 with Decmeber 2008!

BTW no way will Wilder go to Sheff Utd. His background is too similar to Adams. Expect some Carlos Kickaball type coach for the Blades , 'for a change'.