Late Kick Off

Anything yellow and blue
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotStuart Massey&quot wrote:[
The one and only time I have ever seen Mr B at a game was the away leg at Stamford Bridge in '99. What evidence is there that he is a U's fan?
Yes and on that day one of our more thuggish oafs decided to greet him with a &quotBranson, you rich c**t&quot loud enough for half the ground to hear. No wonder he has not invested in the club down the road from his pad just ouside Kidlington. (I'm assuming he's still there).
yellowportly
Brat

Re:

Post by yellowportly »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:
&quotportly&quot wrote:
&quotStuart Massey&quot wrote: The one and only time I have ever seen Mr B at a game was the away leg at Stamford Bridge in '99. What evidence is there that he is a U's fan?
I saw him on the platform at Gerrards Cross as my train went through on the way to that little kick about in May at Wembley. He was dressed in Yellow and Blue (with a hammer of course) and had something (can't remember exactly) about Oxford written on his shirt ... perhaps he was off to a DressUpInYellowAndBlueWithABastardBigMallet convention ... or maybe he was off to follow Oxford ? Who knows
I thought Branson couldn't really be bothered with football, but if he made such a big effort (including borrowing Timmys Mallet) for this game maybe I'm wrong and he could help us buy the stadium?

Bit surprised a man of his millions was getting the train though, maybe the downturn is biting.
Don't be surprised ... I'm a buffoon ! I meant Timmy Mallet all dressed up with somewhere to go ... never seen branson at a game, but then he's never seen me at a game either AFAIK
--== Keep On Keepin' On ==--
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

For tax reasons, Branson watches all games through a really big telescope from his orbital base, which is why you never see him at the ground.

More logically, consider the following two facts:

1) Football is played in England during the winter
2) The man owns an airline and an island in the Caribbean

then draw your own conclusions.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I don't think there are that many celebrities (outside the world of football) who can really be counted as football fans. Robbie Williams, Ralf Little might play some celebrity football games whilst proclaiming to be Port Vale or Alty fans but I doubt they see many games.

Adrian Chiles, Frank Skinner, David Baddiel are either football fans got lucky or pretend fans. Mick Jagger always gets spotted in the crowd, but that is at world class England games. Delia is an exception in that she took control of Norwich, but who else has really done that?

At least Mallett Snr goes to home games and away regularly, although I think he hides in the Directors' box to avoid attention - but as he was from Manchester originally, well done for adopting a local team when he moved here.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Surely Jim Rosenthal should be included as a celebrity fan.

Tim Henman anyone?

I thought I read it somewhere.

Or simply made it up, your choice.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:At least Mallett Snr goes to home games and away regularly, although I think he hides in the Directors' box to avoid attention
How does one get to hide in the Directors' box if you're not a director?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotslappy&quot wrote:At least Mallett Snr goes to home games and away regularly, although I think he hides in the Directors' box to avoid attention
How does one get to hide in the Directors' box if you're not a director?
1) Being famous
2) Carrying around a massive hammer wherever you go
Mr T
Brat

Post by Mr T »

I still have TM's broadcast on local radio in Manchester after the Milk Cup Final celebrating what a great day it was and how proud he was to be a supporter.
He was great with the kids including my son and his friend when we travelled down for the charity match a couple of summers ago.
Bring back the black away shirt!