Transfer Deadline Day

Anything yellow and blue
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Transfer Deadline Day

Post by Roo »

Does anyone have any juicy rumours regarding players coming or going? I can''t see that we will be adding to the squad but I can see us letting a couple of fringe players leave.

I am also hoping that Swind*n do us a favour and scoop up a couple of key players from League 2 sides in and around the play-offs. LeFondre would be a good place to start........ :lol:
deanwindass
Puberty

Post by deanwindass »

Matt Green on loan to AFC Wimbledon until the end of the season has been mentioned elsewhere. I wouldn't be at all surprised (or disappointed). With Alfie back to fitness, MacLean staying and Jennison MW joining he must be pretty far down the pecking order at the moment.
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

One of the more intriguing modern day United enigmas, wouldn't you think? He certainly has polarised opinions.

I remember being livid when he stuffed off to Torquay the first time, and pretty pleased when he came back - felt like quite a coup.

However, he seems to have fallen quite so way so it is no surprise that he'll be looking for a game.

And as one of the founder members of the Anyone-But-Lootown Brigade, I would dearly love to see him send the Crazy Gang on a bit of a run.

Quite fancy seeing Wimbledon back in the league actually, and am developing a bit of a distaste for Crawley.

So I for one hope the above rumour rings true!
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Matty Green to Cheltenham
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Now official. Confirmed by Cheltenham Town. Greenie joining them to the end of the season.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

And it looks like we can't get International Clearance for the lad from Scotland. Shortest signing ever at Oxford maybe?

Oh, and we've signed Simon Hackney onloan from Colchester.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Matt Green doing a

&quotI don't want to be here&quot type of interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzt-43kn ... r_embedded#
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: Transfer Deadline Day

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotRoo&quot wrote:I am also hoping that Swind*n do us a favour and scoop up a couple of key players from League 2 sides in and around the play-offs. LeFondre would be a good place to start........ :lol:
They're after Benyon, aren't they? Not that I want them to sign anyone good - their league position is quite satisfying at the moment.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

I would clearly love us to both be in the same league next season........League 1 would be my preference! -)
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Good luck to him.

His goals/starts record for us is great, his knack of scoring vital goals too played a huge part in our success last year.

Our loss of form last year coincided with his injury, then Wilder messing about with the team our return to form coincided with his return to the starting line-up.

I wish he's had more of a chance playing up front for us, and I wish Wilder hadn't subbed him after 60 minutes in every game he'd played this term. It can't have done much for his confidence.

Hopefully, he'll score a few goals for Cheltenham (starting against Wycombe) and then come back in form in time for Wilder's next mood swing.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:Good luck to him.

His goals/starts record for us is great, his knack of scoring vital goals too played a huge part in our success last year.

Our loss of form last year coincided with his injury, then Wilder messing about with the team our return to form coincided with his return to the starting line-up.

I wish he's had more of a chance playing up front for us, and I wish Wilder hadn't subbed him after 60 minutes in every game he'd played this term. It can't have done much for his confidence.

Hopefully, he'll score a few goals for Cheltenham (starting against Wycombe) and then come back in form in time for Wilder's next mood swing.
I wondered how long it would be before Dan chipped in to the Green discussion :wink:

Wilder's mood swings indeed! In case you hadn't noticed, Chris Wilder has now got us playing better football than we've seen for years (and I mean years, lots of them). And scoring goals. This has coincided with Matt Green's absence from the team.

Here's some stats for you for this season, Dan:

Constable 22 starts || 5 sub - 12 goals
Craddock 22 starts || 1 sub - 11 goals
Midson 9 starts || 7 sub - 6 goals
Maclean 11 starts || 1 sub - 2 goals
Green 12 starts || 9 sub - 1 goal (0 goals from last 10 starts || 9 sub appearances)

Matt Green scores great goals, and can look very dangerous. But the sad fact is that he does neither of these things anything like often enough.
wightyellow
Puberty

Post by wightyellow »

Hang on, three of them for Midson were in one game!

Lies, Lies and Statistics...
It's not the despair....it's the hope....
BigCrompy
Puberty

Re:

Post by BigCrompy »

&quotwightyellow&quot wrote:Hang on, three of them for Midson were in one game!

Lies, Lies and Statistics...
Quite! I mean, does anyone dispute the most vital cog in the frontline machine is Steve MacLean, number 4 in that list of 'worth'?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotwightyellow&quot wrote:Hang on, three of them for Midson were in one game!

Meaning ?

Berbatov scores 5 &amp 3's. Loads of games he doesn't score in.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Time to dig out the old 'important goal calculator' probably, but I just can't be arsed.