The Pink Ox

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Blimey. I was expecting to see some amateurish tagging scrawl, but they've done a pretty good job. It's very striking. As Snake says, at least we've now got a properly bespoke work of art as promised all those years ago. Even if we didn't bespeak it, as it were.

And at least it's not red and white.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

It seems quite appropriate to me that after all the fuss about whether the object is a bull or an ox, that it isn't a 'one-off' commission, it is still OUR sculpture and not to be defiled.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Agreed.

As a collector of Banksy, I quite like. But he's from Brizzle, not Scumdon. Someone wanting to be the Scumdon equivalent would be my guess.

*yawn*
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

I wonder if some Scum fans tried to make red-and-white-striped paint by pouring a red tin and a white tin into a bucket?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Well it certainly seems to have caught the nation's imagination. 6th most viewed story on the BBC news website this morning, and it just got a mention on the Radio 2 news bulletin.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:I wonder if some Scum fans tried to make red-and-white-striped paint by pouring a red tin and a white tin into a bucket?
:lol:

You beat me to it!
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:I wonder if some Scum fans tried to make red-and-white-striped paint by pouring a red tin and a white tin into a bucket?
:lol:
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

Complete outrage
hope the find the bastards who did this and throw the book at them :twisted:
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotSWA&quot wrote:Complete outrage
hope the find the bastards who did this and throw the book at them :twisted:
Correct, it's criminal damage not 'a lark' or 'art'.

Criminal damage that the club and thus directly we as fans are paying for to clean up.

I don't find it funny, it makes me angry.
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

responsibility has been claimed by fathers for justice
Last edited by womble on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

What happened to the police's effort to catch SOAK? This got a lot of local publicity around Sept / Oct time last year.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotwomble&quot wrote:responaibility has been claimed by fathers for justice
So why is there no Fathers for Justice tag anywhere to be seen?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotwomble&quot wrote:responaibility has been claimed by fathers for justice
So why is there no Fathers for Justice tag anywhere to be seen?
Also a rumour that the company that sold us the bull did it, so they can sell us another one for £6,000 to sit on the £19,000 plinth.

http://www.adamsartsantiques.com/26/product/9/
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Yup, 2 groups have claimed it.

Fathers for Justice, well...&quotnew fathers for justice&quot anyway...sounds a bit Life of Brian to me.

and

an Art group that's had their funding removed.

Anywhoo.

Running some quick fag packet stats.... the media coverage Oxford United have gained today on Facebook, Twitter and worldwide news is, if you were an marketeer wishing to get that coverage close to £20k in value.....So in today's newmejia world....not bad at all.

Oh and I nicked your Sw****n joke for my FB status too.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:Yup, 2 groups have claimed it.

Fathers for Justice, well...&quotnew fathers for justice&quot anyway...sounds a bit Life of Brian to me.

and

an Art group that's had their funding removed.

Anywhoo.

Running some quick fag packet stats.... the media coverage Oxford United have gained today on Facebook, Twitter and worldwide news is, if you were an marketeer wishing to get that coverage close to £20k in value.....So in today's newmejia world....not bad at all.

Oh and I nicked your Sw****n joke for my FB status too.
Spot on, Swiss. I’ve already mailed Kelvin yesterday about a whole range of wacky ideas to exploit this episode to our benefit, but no reply yet (though I did get a written response from Firoka). Let’s face it, for now we’re just a League II club and any news is good news...

Of course, if the change to our expensive off-the-peg garden ornament is due to anyone connected to Wiltshire then that’s a different matter, but until that is proven then I think the more impulsive members of our support should keep their powder (and paint brushes) dry.