Stevenage 26th

Anything yellow and blue
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Stevenage 26th

Post by Ancient Colin »

Has there been any announcement or discussion of ticket arrangements for the Chavenage game on Boxing Day? With wall-to-wall in-laws littering the house, I'll be desperate to get there and would hate to miss an &quotall ticket&quot announcement ...
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Funnily enough, on the official site, under away tickets
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Ancient incompetence, I looked but did not find.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

What do people think about this allocation? I got my ticket today, but it doesn't seem enough for a game only about an hour away, on Boxing Day.

Plus, £19! Okay, same price as Crewe away, but that's a massive hike from last season, isn't it? And it looks like a special increased price for OUFC fans. WTF!
deanwindass
Puberty

Post by deanwindass »

Inelasticity of demand, innit.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Well, it's their usual away allocation. I imagine they reckon they can sell a load of tickets to home fans, what with it being Boxing Day, so no need to make special arrangements to get extra away fans in.

Either that or they just don't want to be helpful. Which would be par for the course for Stevenage.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Last year the face value of an adult ticket was £16, this year £18, a whopping 12.5% increase! There was though the initial palava of the Stevenage premium rate phone line, and whether Stevenage would allow OUFC to sell tickets with I think the usual 5% commission to the selling club (one or other backed down so OUFC ended up selling tickets). Then there was the furore over the extra seats allocated to Oxford fans in the family stand, but only if they took their family.

This is not the most to watch an away league game this season which I think will be Gillingham at around £23, nor the cheapest (probably Hereford at £13 on the terrace).
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Last year the face value of an adult ticket was £16, this year £18, a whopping 12.5% increase! .
Not saying it is justified but last year was poxy non-league stuff, this year it's football league fare.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotslappy&quot wrote:Last year the face value of an adult ticket was £16, this year £18, a whopping 12.5% increase! .
Not saying it is justified but last year was poxy non-league stuff, this year it's football league fare.
Well it's the same price as Stevenage fans (all 86 of them) will pay when they visit the Kassam this year so not sure we can really complain.
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Post by Dartford Ox »

This match is NOT all ticket - to home or away fans

http://www.stevenagefc.com/page/LatestN ... 13,00.html
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotDartford Ox&quot wrote:This match is NOT all ticket - to home or away fans

http://www.stevenagefc.com/page/LatestN ... 13,00.html
I thought we were told it was all ticket for away fans. Can't remember when or by whom though. Do we really believe their optimism that the game will go ahead?
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

The OUFC site still says All Ticket and initially restricted to season ticket holders ... &quotThere will be no tickets available on the day of the match and supporters should not travel without a valid match ticket.&quot

I guess I'm about 30 miles from the Lamex as the crow flies: it's barely been above freezing at all, although we've not had that much snow - I suspect they've had a bit more there. I'm very surprised they are as optimistic as they seem to be as I'd have thought it had been cold enough to penetrate frost covers, even with the snow insulation.
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

stevenage are asking for fans to turn up on sunday morning with shovels to help clear the pitch !!! at 8.30am
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Have you seen the price of tickets for their Newcastle FA Cup game? £22 on the terrace, £30 seats for adults!