Jack Off......

Anything yellow and blue
SWA
Puberty

Re:

Post by SWA »

[/quote]

Occasionally I can seem to be a lovely chap but that doesn't mean I should be leading the line for OUFC.....[?quote]

When is this RR? When playing for the Fever? :lol:
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotSWA&quot wrote:
Occasionally I can seem to be a lovely chap but that doesn't mean I should be leading the line for OUFC.....[?quote]

When is this RR? When playing for the Fever? :lol:[/quote]

I refer you to the RF stats section on this very website as a response to that ridiculous comment......
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

Point taken :D
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote:
&quotSWA&quot wrote:

When is this RR? When playing for the Fever? :lol:
I refer you to the RF stats section on this very website as a response to that ridiculous comment......[/quote]

Where do those stats state that you are a lovely chap?
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

I'm disappointed to see Jack moving on, but I'm more disappointed by Wilder's cynical comment about Jack competing for the same position as Constable. What a load of pony.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I think Midson plays best as centre forward, but Constable is first choice and on balance I think rightly so, even allowing for a barren spell. At the start of the season Midson said that in training they were changing him to playing on the left or right, but it hasn't worked out. With Craddock presumably the back-up centre forward, Jack's first team opportunities are therefore limited. Also the rumoured guarantee to Craddock of first team football doesn't help.

Fans are sorry to see him go as he is a genuine player who when he is played in position has scored, and it is easy to correlate the team's lack of progress on the pitch coupled with Jack being off the pitch and assume that Jack would solve all the problems. Also as Jack went full-time pro to join us it seems harsh that he is being moved on like this, whereas we have other players who have underperformed keeping their place in the squad.
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

Not surprised by this move. Midson is overrated by many. He simply does not have the pace or the strength to cut it in league football.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

A little disappointed by this. It's a very siilar situation to the Crouch for England scenario. Never quite thought of as good enough, but does OK when given the chance. Slight difference is scoring rate though and Jack hasn't been as prolific for us as his past indicated that he might be.

Jack does/did give us another option and was perhaps the best of our strikers at winning the long ball and retaining posession up front.

I suspect this decision comes down to Jack not fitting into Wilder's silly 4-3-3 system wth the strikers so far apart that they end up not playing as a unit. In that system I do think Jack is weaker, as if he is not the central striker, his advantages and strengths are somewhat neutralised.

We could have got a lot more from Jack over the period he played for us, but he'll want to be playing regularly I'm sure, and he won't get that from Oxford.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

I see Midson played for Southend in the cup in the 2-2 draw with a shot and a foul reported in the BBCtext of the match. Must have played OK though as he wasn't subbed.