Not true, surely?

Anything yellow and blue
bspittles
Brat

Re:

Post by bspittles »

&quotwomble&quot wrote:doncaster away 16/4/83 goal scored by trevor hebberd
Cheers :-) One of my first away days travelling along!
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

thats right i remember now four of us had travelled to halifax v york on the friday night stayed over then travelled down to donny ,the radio kept announcing a big news story concerning oxford and reading they finally broke the news about ten to six , our mini almost left the motorway in shock .the supporters club was very busy at lunch time on sunday the formation of the sos group was not far off .
nerps
Baby

Post by nerps »

I was at an away game in the eighties at Huddersfield where I was the only supporter behind the goal !! It was an evening match and I believe it was a milk cup tie because they actually walked a cow around the pitch before KO. I think we lost by a couple of goals although I can't honestly remember. I do remember two things, having a lonely chat with our goalie while the game was going on and the fact that they kept the floodlights off until minutes before kick off. To round it off the mates car I was in broke down and we had to jump on a mail train in the early hours to get back to Catterick.
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

i remember that one nerps it was 82-83 i think all the other fans were in the stand to your left hand side i do remember the cow !!! :)
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotwomble&quot wrote:i remember that one nerps it was 82-83 i think all the other fans were in the stand to your left hand side i do remember the cow !!! :)
Think I remember this one too - I was working up north, went on my own and stood near the half way line. Think I might have been in with the home fans &amp kept very quiet. Not that we had much to shout about in those days.