Smokers

Anything yellow and blue
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotslappy&quot wrote:Why can't or don't the club allow people outside the stand at half-time?
Agree with this.

Smoke alarms (out of reach) would do the job of stopping it happening.
With sprinklers that use a reservoir filled from the urinals :twisted:
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

the club have issued a statement on smoking see the club site ,was told at crewe that moves were afoot but asked not to say anything
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotwomble&quot wrote:the club have issued a statement on smoking see the club site ,was told at crewe that moves were afoot but asked not to say anything
As it happens Crewe had excellent open air facilities for smokers within the ground (like others I could mention), so why can't we find somewhere at Minchery Farm. The open corner between the South and East Stands springs to mind, for example, and then everyone is happy..

Ok, so 78% of people don't smoke (though that may be a quite different number for football supporters) but the other 22% who do don't want to bother you and make you inhale our drug. Well, for a start we've paid a vast amount of tax on it so why should we share it with you? 8)

And is there any chance of having a section of the ground set aside from people who have been drinking alcohol pre-match, or swear a lot in front of young children?
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:And is there any chance of having a section of the ground set aside from people who have been drinking alcohol pre-match, or swear a lot in front of young children?
There is. It's called the Family Area.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:And is there any chance of having a section of the ground set aside from people who have been drinking alcohol pre-match, or swear a lot in front of young children?
Snake said away from people who have been drinking and who swear a lot in front of young children.
wightyellow
Puberty

Re:

Post by wightyellow »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:
Snake said away from people who have been drinking and who swear a lot in front of young children.
I think you missed the irony there Boris...
It's not the despair....it's the hope....
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotwightyellow&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote: There is. It's called the Family Area.
I'm confused now!! Boris' response was the ironic one.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotwightyellow&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote: There is. It's called the Family Area.
No. You missed the irony.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotwomble&quot wrote:the club have issued a statement on smoking see the club site ,was told at crewe that moves were afoot but asked not to say anything
As it happens Crewe had excellent open air facilities for smokers within the ground (like others I could mention), so why can't we find somewhere at Minchery Farm. The open corner between the South and East Stands springs to mind, for example, and then everyone is happy..

Ok, so 78% of people don't smoke (though that may be a quite different number for football supporters) but the other 22% who do don't want to bother you and make you inhale our drug. Well, for a start we've paid a vast amount of tax on it so why should we share it with you? 8)

And is there any chance of having a section of the ground set aside from people who have been drinking alcohol pre-match, or swear a lot in front of young children?
Going for a half time bottle (but no cap) of water at Crewe I actually thought allowing smokers to fill up the space between the exit to the stand and the refreshments/toilets was pretty poor as I had to walk though everyones smoke.

That said I agree that the club should have somewhere for fans to go at half time - no-where near me though!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I sympathise with you. No, really, I’m not taking the piss as it’s nice to know that some people have a bit of common sense and a symbiotic attitude to increasing our support numbers and supporter experience.

And just to show that I really mean it here is a tip. When you go to a footy game and fancy a soft drink (and one that you would like to last the whole game without worrying about it being tipped over when we score etc) then put a plastic bottle top in your pocket before you enter the ground so when you get served your refreshment without a top you simply screw it back on when you get back to your seat.

Regarding irony, then try this &#949&#7984&#961&#969&#957&#949&#943&#945 eir&#333neía
ObiWayneKenobi
Embryo

Post by ObiWayneKenobi »

The only steward I saw near the men's bogs was a lass - now that's good thinking...
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

On Saturday there were several people smoking in the East Stand toilets. When I told one of them what I thought of his snub at the club's request, he just sniggered and found the whole thing funny - W*nker.

BUT if the club aren't going to actually enforce it..........
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Maybe the key is to go to the bogs before the game starts, or drink less beer before the game so you don’t have to visit them at half time. I’m sure the majority of people can go two hours without a pee.

There – problem solved... (I’m only trying to help here).
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I reckon the way to solve the problem is by getting rid of the bogs altogether. I mean, Oxford's not a bloody public service body if people want to use the toilet they should nip over to the Bowlplex.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotboris&quot wrote:I reckon the way to solve the problem is by getting rid of the bogs altogether. I mean, Oxford's not a bloody public service body if people want to use the toilet they should nip over to the Bowlplex.
After the game was over presumably? After all the smokers need to control their nicotine addiction for that long so the pee'ers should be able to control their bladder for that long.