Smokers

Anything yellow and blue
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Smokers

Post by Yankee Clipper »

This is possibly the most pointless appeal ever as the people involved won't give a t*ss but could the smokers please stop using the toilets to get a quick smoke at half time. There is such a concentration of smoking that any non smoker using the loo can taste the smoke in their throats and smell it on their clothes for hours after. It's disgusting.

Thanks.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I agree. It was especially bad on Saturday.

If you want to make a direct appeal to one of the culprits, have a word with the dreadlocked one, as he was in there chuffing away, along with many others.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

One of the stewards was confiscating cigarettes on Saturday, so it seems they are taking some action.
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotboris&quot wrote:I agree. It was especially bad on Saturday.

If you want to make a direct appeal to one of the culprits, have a word with the dreadlocked one, as he was in there chuffing away, along with many others.
I have made my feelings felt on more than one occasion but sadly it falls on deaf ears.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

Luckily we dont have this problem in the South Upper
I do feel for you guys though - nothing worse than smelly clothes with smoke :-(
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

would it be worth me raising this at the next safety advisory group meeting ???
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

That depends. Are they likely to do anything about it, or will they just say that they don't have the manpower to steward the bogs throughout half-time. On the odd occasion that I've moaned to a steward about it, they wander into the bogs, have a natter and a laugh with the smokers who put out their fags, then they light up again ten seconds later when the steward goes back to the concourse. There really needs to be a permanent presence there to prevent it.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Why can't or don't the club allow people outside the stand at half-time? Is this only a problem in the East Stand? I haven't been in the other stands for ages so can't comment.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Why can't or don't the club allow people outside the stand at half-time?
Agree with this.

Smoke alarms (out of reach) would do the job of stopping it happening.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSWA&quot wrote:Luckily we dont have this problem in the South Upper
:-(
Not true - there was a smoker in the SSU bogs at the back end of last season. From the smell it was obvious. The stewards had to be told before they went in. Fag hurriedly put out. Needs stamping on before it gets out of control.
If it continues complain to the club.
And yes, the smokers should be let out at half time imho.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Whenever I go to the loos at HT in the SSU they stink of pee and it’s simply disgusting for the 30 seconds or so I have to go in there – and these are meant to be the posh bits of our Stadium. Can’t some people go 90 minutes without a piss? Ditto for the Firoka food and coffee – why is there a queue for that stuff as I thought fans were getting behind the current owner and boycotting his Landlord’s profits?

Even inside at Wembley they had somewhere for smokers to go so I took advantage of their excellent facilities just before kickoff (well, after having lunch next to Denis Smith for a couple of hours you need a bit of space and thought) and then had to go there again at half time when Ryan dropped the ball and gave York a chance rather than the stress of a half time cup of tea with Mr. Smith.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Taking a pee is a natural bodily function which is why toilets have been developed for peeing (and dumping!) but not smoking in.

Smoking is for the weak-willed and anti-social and has no place in polite society.

Should I add a smiley here? No, actually!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Smoking is for the weak-willed and anti-social and has no place in polite society.
There, that's told 'em.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

According to another totally unreliable forum, the club intend to take action against the smokers.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotwomble&quot wrote:would it be worth me raising this at the next safety advisory group meeting ???
OUFC have safety group advisory meetings? Eh? Are you taking the piss or being serious here?

If it's the later then where can I see the minutes of their meetings please?