Dreamers League 2010-2011

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git

Dreamers League 2010-2011

Post by Hog »

Boris, would you mind if I advertised the Dreamers League on here again please?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I've had the thumbs up from Boris so here's the info you need. People who entered last season should already have had an entry form so let me know if you haven't. Anyone else is welcome to have a go, just drop me a line on the email address at the bottom of this post. Hopefully we'll get up to about a hundred players again this season!

DREAMERS LEAGUE 2010-2011

THE THEORY: This is the 19th season of the Dreamers League, a competition based loosely on your knowledge of British football. All you have to do is predict the final positions in the English and Scottish Leagues.

THE HISTORY: The Dreamers League, after eighteen seasons, has now firmly established itself with up to one hundred and fifteen entrants in recent seasons and the Champion has previously picked up a top prize of £215. The prize money depends on the number of entries but we generally pay out down to 6th place and apart from a small deduction for admin cost ALL the money coming in is paid out in prizes. The entry fee is £5. Thanks to the dedication of Steve Case we are able to publish a monthly table to show how each of the entrants is earning points (or not!) in each category.

THE RULES: The rules are simple: On the entry form make your selections for each category, remembering to insert personal details at the top. Points are awarded as follows:-

League Positions (top and bottom 5 of each division in England, top 3 in each division in Scotland) - 3 points for each exact position correctly forecast, 1 point for each team appearing in the correct section but the wrong position. There is also 1 point for your Wild Card which is for an extra team, not already nominated, which finishes in the top or bottom five (English Premiership and Championship only).

Cup Finals - 3 points for each correct winner or runner-up nominated, 1 point if the winner is your nominated runner-up and vice versa. 3 points also for the Non-League club going furthest in the English F. A. Cup. If several reach the same round they each score 3 points (extra time and replays not considered).

Top Scorer - 3 points for the individual top scorer, but this is English Premiership goals only (Cup goals, Internationals etc. do not count). If players finish level then each scores 3 points.
Sent Off - 3 points for the first Premiership Team to have a player sent off.
Sacked - 3 points for the first Premier League manager to leave his football club (for whatever reason) after the Premier League season starts on 14th August 2010.

YOUR COMPLETED ENTRY FORM MUST REACH DAVE UNDERWOOD at hampshire@hog2000.freeserve.co.uk BY 1245 hrs SATURDAY 14TH AUGUST 2010
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Bump!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

If you need an entry form please post on here as the email address above is apparently out of order!
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotHog&quot wrote:If you need an entry form please post on here as the email address above is apparently out of order!
Please send one to dave.clarke42@yahoo.com Thanks
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Have emailed you just in case it gets through....

...but have also sent you a PM with my email address (the old dnb one ain't valid any more)
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Hog is having some IT issues.

He has asked me to help out.

If anyone wants the Dreamers League entry for please send your email address in a PM to me and I'll forward it to you.

Will send one to Dave Clarke now.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

One sent to Mooro as requested.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:One sent to Mooro as requested.
Got It...
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

Will send one to Dave Clarke now.[/quote]

Cheers got mine as well
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Any more for any more?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Just checked the rule for first Premiership manager to leave his job ... &quotafter the start of the season&quot. phew!
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Just checked the rule for first Premiership manager to leave his job ... &quotafter the start of the season&quot. phew!
The football season started last Friday evening.

Signed Devil's advocate.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Just checked the rule for first Premiership manager to leave his job ... &quotafter the start of the season&quot. phew!

... &quotafter the start of their season&quot would satisfy the pedants.

However the actual rules state:

3 points for the first Premier League manager to leave his football club (for whatever reason) after the Premier League season starts on 19th August 2006.

So to be really pedantic we're all likely to be wrong.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Time's running out ...