Sep 11th V Hereford United

Anything yellow and blue
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Sep 11th V Hereford United

Post by Swissbloke »

Just had news from Hereford that this game is being made all ticket for away fans. They're expecting a lot of us due to there being no league match V them since 1976. And also our rather impressive numbers going to Burton :-)
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Sorry it's all ticket for both sets of supporters...
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by tomoufc »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:Sorry it's all ticket for both sets of supporters...
They will only be there 'cause it will be Oxford, as the chant dosn't go.
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Expected this to be all ticket all along.
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

from memory as the the last time i visited edgar street was in season 95-96 for a league cup tie against the yellows the away section was terrible . the oxmail supplement says it only holds 640 so could be interesting getting a ticket
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotwomble&quot wrote:from memory as the the last time i visited edgar street was in season 95-96 for a league cup tie against the yellows the away section was terrible . the oxmail supplement says it only holds 640 so could be interesting getting a ticket
Can I be the first to say - &quotShut up Womble&quot.
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

not the first it was said yesterday
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotwomble&quot wrote:not the first it was said yesterday
What, on here? Nevermind - someone had to get there first.
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

you were the first on here but boris was the first this season down at winchester pre season[/b]
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

The problem is that the away end at Edgar Street (the Blackfriars End)
has got a problem with asbestos and has been condemned. That's why the capacity has been slashed. That terrace is probably the worst terrace I have ever watched football from and hopefully we will get some seats made available.

HUFC have permission to erect a new stand at that end with work starting later in the season - it will hold around 1600 seats.

I saw my first ever United away game at Edgar Street in October 1977 - one of the maiden trips run by the London Road Club if I remember correctly. We lost 1-2 to a last minute goal.
BigCrompy
Puberty

Re:

Post by BigCrompy »

&quotwomble&quot wrote:from memory as the the last time i visited edgar street was in season 95-96 for a league cup tie against the yellows the away section was terrible . the oxmail supplement says it only holds 640 so could be interesting getting a ticket
You (and I as it happens) witnessed that rarest of events that night - a Bertie Biggins goal (albeit a pen so it hardly counts) for Oxford, one of only too during his rather poor stint at the Manor. Note I use the word 'witnessed' rather than 'saw' as my view of the goal he scored in and that of countless others was actually obscured by dear Wayne's girth.