WE QUICKLY NEED TO DECIDE....

Anything yellow and blue
Yellows
Sperm

WE QUICKLY NEED TO DECIDE....

Post by Yellows »

I've posted this same message on http&#58//www&#46yellows&#46co&#46nr

Whether we are staying with the new TIU board, or whether we are going somewhere else. The two front runners seem to be here or at http&#58//www&#46yellows&#46co&#46nr

It would be a real shame to all splinter off.

If we decide to go with Rage, I would be more than happy to close down the yellows forum.

Cheers Yellows
Long John Silver
Brat

Post by Long John Silver »

TiU and RageOnline were both running simultaneously before, so don't see why RO and the new Yellows forum can't both be used.

What you need to be doing is trying to persuade those poor souls who are trying to use the new Ox Mail forum to join either here or on to Yellows... or both.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Do we need to decide? The Rage Online forum and TIU happily co-existed for several years without either suffering unduly. If your board is taking over from TIU then I don't see that this board need do anything different, and conversely if a lot of TIU posters come here then I'm sure that the Yellows board, which is already much livelier than it has been for some time, will still prosper. I don't think there's any necessity to force people into a decision - I'm sure that the boards will find their own level of activity in their own time. Even the new TIU board or the official site might be reasonably well used. I think the OUFC fanbase is large enough for two or three (or more) boards to survive independently.
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

Trust the market!
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I think, Boris, that the question you have to answer when joining should be much more difficult and possibly contain a question regarding correct use of grammar... -)
Peterorange
Puberty

Re:

Post by Peterorange »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:I think, Boris, that the question you have to answer when joining should be much more difficult and possibly contain a question regarding correct use of grammar... -)
I dont remember answering a question to register. Apart from what is your date of birth. Probably. Actually I cant remember last week.

This has been like the Masons Arms suddenly getting all the White Horse folk coming in. All very exciting.
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

... but if you had a grammar question, you would need a panel to decide upon the correct answer (language changing with time, context etc.). So then you would need a committee.....
Yellows
Sperm

Re:

Post by Yellows »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Do we need to decide? The Rage Online forum and TIU happily co-existed for several years without either suffering unduly. If your board is taking over from TIU then I don't see that this board need do anything different, and conversely if a lot of TIU posters come here then I'm sure that the Yellows board, which is already much livelier than it has been for some time, will still prosper. I don't think there's any necessity to force people into a decision - I'm sure that the boards will find their own level of activity in their own time. Even the new TIU board or the official site might be reasonably well used. I think the OUFC fanbase is large enough for two or three (or more) boards to survive independently.
I think your right Boris. Wise words yet again!! :D

Never really looked at it like that.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotPeterorange&quot wrote:
&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:I think, Boris, that the question you have to answer when joining should be much more difficult and possibly contain a question regarding correct use of grammar... -)
I dont remember answering a question to register. Apart from what is your date of birth. Probably. Actually I cant remember last week.

This has been like the Masons Arms suddenly getting all the White Horse folk coming in. All very exciting.
I think I had to answer a question like &quotWhat colour do Oxford United play in?&quot when registering. If that simple question has gone, I hope this forum won't turn in to something like this:

www.lutonoutlaws.com
admin
Site Admin

Re:

Post by admin »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:I hope this forum won't turn in to something like this:

www.lutonoutlaws.com
No danger of that. The fundamental principles of Rage Online apply here:
No racism, no sexism, no homophobia, and no pro-Slumdon posts.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by tomoufc »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:
&quotPeterorange&quot wrote:

I think I had to answer a question like &quotWhat colour do Oxford United play in?&quot when registering. If that simple question has gone, I hope this forum won't turn in to something like this:

www.lutonoutlaws.com
Thanks for that. I was begining to forget what I had for lunch.
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Mark Sennett
Brat

Re:

Post by Mark Sennett »

&quotadmin&quot wrote:
&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:I hope this forum won't turn in to something like this:

www.lutonoutlaws.com
No danger of that. The fundamental principles of Rage Online apply here:
No racism, no sexism, no homophobia, and no pro-Slumdon posts.
If i'd known that i'd never have joined. I hate forums run by men.
Please sponsor the OxVox Walk to Wycombe to raise funds for Helen &amp Douglas House and the Oxford United Youth &amp Community Trust. You can donate online at www.justgiving.com/oxvox
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote: I think I had to answer a question like &quotWhat colour do Oxford United play in?&quot when registering...
That's easy - Various shades of blue.
Tabbernackle
Brat

This bit I find confusing the subject is obviously what

Post by Tabbernackle »

we are talking about already
Tabbernackle
Brat

Re

Post by Tabbernackle »

I think I'm getting the hang of it now. Peeps are just posting 'Re' for the subject bit. I'll get to grips with it shirly. The TIU was sooooo easy though!