Tonight's parade.

Anything yellow and blue
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Tonight's parade.

Post by A-Ro »

The only practical way for me to get to the parade and to not disrupt my Mrs'. travel arrangements is for me to stay on the X90 all the way into Oxford which means I'm going to have a good hour or more before the team gets to Broad St. Nobody will be too shocked to learn that I will probably spend said hour in a local hostelry but rather than drink on my own like Billy No Mates has anyone got any similar plans for this evening?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

We'll be hitting Broad Street early, as it's probably going to be rammed by the time the team show up. However, as I'll have the little ones in tow I'm not sure whether I'll be able/allowed to quaff. Which pub are you intending to spill your pint in?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

As the bus finishes at Gloucester Green I though the Red Lion as it's close, cheap and on the way.
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Post by The OXman Cometh »

I thought the bus finished in Broad street not Gloucester Green, or have i missed something?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotThe OXman Cometh&quot wrote:I thought the bus finished in Broad street not Gloucester Green, or have i missed something?
Sorry, my bus, the X90 from London.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

I would recommend jumping off the bus on High Street and going to The Bear to sample their fine range of booze! Not cheap but very nice. I will be there at 5.30 to refresh myself!
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Reading today's Oxford Mail you can get inflatable replicas of the Blue square trophy from places along the Cowley Road - free of charge.

There are 5,000 of the rascals up for grabs.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

I'm gonna miss it all. Arse.
Stuart Massey
Baby

Post by Stuart Massey »

Amazing :D

After the parade I had to go back to work. As I was leaving the office at 9:30 a taxi pulled up at the lights with a well lubricated Chris Wilder leaning out the window who treated me to a personal performance of Sunday Bloody Sunday. Ripping the arse out of it - true as his word. :D
deanwindass
Puberty

Post by deanwindass »

Legend.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

sunday was shock. monday was emotion. yesterday was CELEBRATION!

what a few days.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Wednesday and I'm still finding myself singing* Wembley songs ... out loud at times and getting odd looks ... who cares?

(*) I use the word &quotsinging&quot loosely
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote:Wednesday and I'm still finding myself singing* Wembley songs ... out loud at times and getting odd looks ... who cares?

(*) I use the word &quotsinging&quot loosely
Keep it up Colin. Any day now you'll return to your usual state and try to convince us all that we'll get relegated next season.
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

Can I start the pessimism? Devil's advocate here. Come on shoot me down.

League 2 has improved signficantly since we were last there. Too many supporters are already writing off next season as a procession to promotion. On what grounds? That we finished third?

I reckon , forget the also rans, quite a few of the winning team yesterday are not really up to league football. And I'll name them.

Clarke- too many errors in key games./Creighton (too slow) /Bulman (ditto) /Day ( too slow).

Maybe not up to it: M Green (inconsistent!)/ gulp, Beano, (remains unproven at higher level)

Up to it:

Batt, Tonkin, Clist (just)/Wright (definitely)/Chapman (but he'll be in with Norman Stanley Fletcher/Potter/Deering/Midson ( not 100% convinced but he has good skill level.)

Sorry to piss on chips, that's how I see it.
Lot of work in close season for Wilder. I bet there will be more changes than everyone imagjnes.