More tickets coming...

Anything yellow and blue
bspittles
Brat

More tickets coming...

Post by bspittles »

Message on the seetickets website:

&quotThe initial allocation of tickets for Oxford United has now sold out. More tickets will be available from 11.30am today. Please check back then for more information.&quot
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/News/0,,1034 ... 62,00.html

So we've actually only sold 16,000 (still good going!). Whats the betting those club seats behind the goal come on sale now? Why on Earth were they not on sale to begin with??
bspittles
Brat

Post by bspittles »

New tickets are top tier only, with no choice of which block you sit in.

Edit: my mistake, you choose the block later in the process... :oops:
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Strange one this.

Something to do with segregation of Club Wembley concourse?
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

21,000 sold according to the official site. Thats not bad going in less than 3 days. I know there's a lot of fans that come crawling out of the woodwork when such a game comes around (twice in a lifetime?) but it does demonstrate the potential we have if we can rise up the leagues.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

York have only sold 4,000 according to their local press.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotMally&quot wrote:I know there's a lot of fans that come crawling out of the woodwork when such a game comes around (twice in a lifetime?) but it does demonstrate the potential we have if we can rise up the leagues.
I know what you mean. I asked my wife and step-son if they would like to go and where they wanted to sit and an hour later ended up over £600 worse off. I doubt if the Queen will be there but at least we'll get to see what the Royal Box looks like on a matchday. The only downside is that they have a &quotdress code&quot but I'm still sorting that one out with David Jackson 8)
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I'm sure you'll look very nice in a dress.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote:I know there's a lot of fans that come crawling out of the woodwork when such a game comes around (twice in a lifetime?) but it does demonstrate the potential we have if we can rise up the leagues.
I know what you mean. I asked my wife and step-son if they would like to go and where they wanted to sit and an hour later ended up over £600 worse off. I doubt if the Queen will be there but at least we'll get to see what the Royal Box looks like on a matchday. The only downside is that they have a &quotdress code&quot but I'm still sorting that one out with David Jackson 8)
No but Brian Lee will be! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMally&quot wrote:21,000 sold according to the official site. Thats not bad going in less than 3 days. I know there's a lot of fans that come crawling out of the woodwork when such a game comes around (twice in a lifetime?) but it does demonstrate the potential we have if we can rise up the leagues.
Better get the parking situation sorted then.
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Isaac »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote:21,000 sold according to the official site. Thats not bad going in less than 3 days. I know there's a lot of fans that come crawling out of the woodwork when such a game comes around (twice in a lifetime?) but it does demonstrate the potential we have if we can rise up the leagues.
Better get the parking situation sorted then.
It's a day out though and we all love a day out. When we went to wembley last time how many tickets did we sell? Approx 40k? How many were we averaging back then in the top division during our most successful period - about 8k at most from my memory. So 1 in 5.

Maybe football is more popular these days, but the vast majority of the people turning up next sunday, won't be inclined to turn up regularly at the Minchery. There's nothing wrong with this in my opinion, but I don't think we should read too much into it.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotIsaac&quot wrote:[
Maybe football is more popular these days, but the vast majority of the people turning up next sunday, won't be inclined to turn up regularly at the Minchery. There's nothing wrong with this in my opinion, but I don't think we should read too much into it.
Nothing wrong in it at all - but I don't want any twatish flag waving stupid hat wearing once every 20 years tourist spoiling my big day out, whether it ends in glory or misery.
And its only a big day out because of the event not the venue as far as I'm concerned.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

How will they spoil your big day out Baboo?
bspittles
Brat

Post by bspittles »

I'm one of the ones who've come crawling out of the woodwork. Then again, I was a season ticket holder in the early 80s, and (because of family circumstances) this was the first time in 30 seasons I hadn't managed at least one game.

I'll be spending about £150 to see the first team my Dad took me to (against Slumdon, lost 1-0), that's £150 more than I can really afford, and I'll be getting home at 1am on the day I start a new job.

Just because I don't go to every game doesn't mean I'm not a massive fan! (massive in every sense :lol:)

However, I guarantee you I won't be wearing a hat or waving a flag. Although I was gutted that I no longer fit in the top I wore last time we played at Wembley!
Beach Road End
Brat

Post by Beach Road End »

From my own experiences of club wembley, although you are asked not to wear colours it is generally accepted and people do.

Less acceptable is to tell someone where to stick it when they tell you to sit down but for this event I think it's warrented.