Woking tickets

Anything yellow and blue
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Woking tickets

Post by Radley Rambler »

Oxford Mail says that we have sold 9,500 home tickets in advance and that there are only 500 left.

Pourquoi?????

Woking are bringing no more than 300 and there can't be a need for much segregation- even being generous and having a 10 seat width segregation - that would knock out 500 seats.

So, 9,500 || 500 remaining || 500 segregation || 300 away = 10,800

Where have the other 1,700 tickets (and potential £25k revenue) gone?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Ox Mail have got it wrong.

We have sold over 10,600 tickets for the home end.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Makes more sense
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Ox Mail have got it wrong.
Surely not! How could such a thing happen?
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

The Mail have got it wrong, but the numbers aren't as simple as RR suggests.

Even with the minimum amount of segregation, the away fans have to have the first block of seats to the left of the entrance as you look at it from the pitch. This block holds something like 750 - so if Woking have sold 300, there'll be 450 empty seats there.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:The Mail have got it wrong, but the numbers aren't as simple as RR suggests.

Even with the minimum amount of segregation, the away fans have to have the first block of seats to the left of the entrance as you look at it from the pitch. This block holds something like 750 - so if Woking have sold 300, there'll be 450 empty seats there.
Well sort of. Stadium anorak time:

Each block of seats in the North stand is approximately 700 seats but at each end there are half blocks of approximately 350 seats. So if you segregate in the first full block it costs about 1050 seats and leaves a home crowd of approximately 11,450. If Woking do bring just 300 then there could be as many as 750 empty seats.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:The Mail have got it wrong, but the numbers aren't as simple as RR suggests.

Well sort of. Stadium anorak time:

Each block of seats in the North stand is approximately 700 seats but at each end there are half blocks of approximately 350 seats. So if you segregate in the first full block it costs about 1050 seats and leaves a home crowd of approximately 11,450. If Woking do bring just 300 then there could be as many as 750 empty seats.
Do they need (are they required) to segregate an entire block then?
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

I suppose they could segregate mid block and have home and away fans either side in the same block but it makes it impossible for stewards to stand in between the two sets of fans. My guess is there needs to be access for stewards and police between the two sets of fans. Imagine &quotfans&quot scaling the netting between the two groups of fans and then the police and stewards trying to similarly scramble across to stop them.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Wouldn't the stewards be in the first aisle?

So it would be a small block of Woking fans, then the aisle with the stewards, then half a block of netted seating then the Oxford fans next to the netting.

I've no idea if that's an accurate representation of the blocks btw, I'm just chewing the fat.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Yes it could be but that would mean only Oxford fans in the second block. The first half block is probably too small for Woking though and they would have to use some of the second block and this would mean that whole block unavailable to home fans.

The other segregation issue is the segregation of the concourse to allow away fans access to catering and toilets. It is likely that in order to achieve this the minimum space that can be allocated is one and a half seating blocks or two entrances from the concourse to the seating.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

If it helps to take this very anorak discussion further forward then I know that there are 30 seats from top to bottom of each block so assuming you need a minimum of 15 seats between fans then that’s 450 seats gone straight away.

No idea how much the smaller block in the end holds, but the stand holds 5003 in total and here is the only seating plan I can find, which was for the Elton John concert last summer.

http://www.tickettout.com/images/venues ... 159096.jpg

However, and as Mally says, it’s the bogs and pies that are probably the main problem, along with the fact we have a small band of low life who like to cause trouble now and again and mess things up for the rest of us.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Why don't we just let any Woking fans stand at the fence end (I'm sure they're used to it!) and then ALL the seats could be for home &quotsupporters&quot?
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

What with a couple of portaloos and the the burger van passing snacks over the fence?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

As I recall, Stafford Rangers got away with some unpainted breeze blocks and a rain gutter for the toilets. I'm sure the Wokng fans won't mind!
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

The last time I was at a Stevenage Borough game, there were a group of theologians present, who assured me (and anybody else who cared to listen) that if we wish to go to heaven when we die, it would be advisable to wear a bonnet - moreover, one bearing the legend &quot---- the Woking&quot on it. I was thoroughly surprised by this intelligence and I confess I have been able to find no Scriptural basis for their assertion.
entirely disenchanted