Fog

Anything yellow and blue
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Fog

Post by Baboo »

Given the fog that is hanging around at the moment &amp is predicted to do so for days what chance of tonights epic against Lewes actually going ahead?
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

I don't think fog is likely to be a problem but the frost could be.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I was wondering about the frost as well. We've had a very heavy one overnight down South, with more predicted for this evening.

No doubt I will typically have to reach the ring road before I found out that the game is off.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Still minus 3 in frosty Oxfordshire with no sign of the fog or temperature lifting. The forecast is for it to stay the same and snow tomorrow. Not looking good.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Oh No! Me and titch are making a day of it - bowling then Oxy chinese then football. Could be a wasted journey for us if the staff can't find their way to the Oxy!
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

i called to get my ticket earlier, and asked before i bought it if they thought the game was likely to go ahead. they said they wouldn't know until an hour before kick-off.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:. they said they wouldn't know until an hour before kick-off.
Not particularly helpful. I suspect they really want it to go ahead to get the darned match out of the way. I also suspect it will be off. I also know I will be outside the ground when this fact is confirmed.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotMatt D&quot wrote:. they said they wouldn't know until an hour before kick-off.
Not particularly helpful. I suspect they really want it to go ahead to get the darned match out of the way. I also suspect it will be off. I also know I will be outside the ground when this fact is confirmed.
I suspect the vast majority of the populaton of the world will also be outside the ground when the decision is made -) but I think I know what you mean.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
I suspect the vast majority of the populaton of the world will also be outside the ground when the decision is made -) but I think I know what you mean.
In close proximity to the stadium ... must be aware of pedants.
I'm an easy target I suppose.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I've just spoken to Dawn in the office and she says it is the FA who won't allow a decision until one hour before ko for fog. She said that at 1pm she went to the South stand and could see the North stand but has just been up again and the North Stand has disappeared! She personally thinks it will be off. Now I don't know what to do!
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

As an aside. I wonder if tonight would be the first time that there aremore ladies playing bingo at Gala than fans watching a football match?

As for those in the cinema! That is a foregone conclusion I guess.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

I was going to turn up early and give Mally Jnr a thrashing at pool in bowlplex before the game but I think we'll leave it until the last minute before leaving Thame now. I'm surprised that the web site has had nothing to say about pitch inspections.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

This weather and uncertainty is hardly going to help to boost what is going to be a pretty poor gate. Also feel sorry for Lewes fans, as this is their Cup Final after all.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMally&quot wrote:II think we'll leave it until the last minute before leaving Thame now. .
That's all well and good but with a lot of people (well a few) all turning up at the last minute to pick their tickets up from reception it could be quite chaotic. It WILL be called off.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotHog&quot wrote:I've just spoken to Dawn in the office and she says it is the FA who won't allow a decision until one hour before ko for fog.
What a ridiculous ruling by the FA. There's localised fog that comes and goes &amp then there's these peasoupers that settle in for what may be days. In the case of the latter an earlier decision should be allowed - plus in this case the temperature is a factor too. Whatever happened to common sense. I assume there are some Lewes diehards (okay, not many judging by Saturday, but a few nonetheless) who are straining their eyes as they feel their way towards Oxford for what is bound to be wasted trip.