Stevenage (a)

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

What digs at you and Simon? Those are your assertions. I've already stated that there was no individual criticism of Trevor, Simon or anyone else.

As for Old Farts Dining Club, again you are getting your wire's crossed and your knickers in a twist making wild assertions. I've only ever had lunch with Bob Scholes and his merry men, maybe 3 or 4 times ever, and I don't use the Priory, which is where I understand they now frequent.

Mark, you are demanding explanations you have no right to demand and making assertions you have no right to make. I suggest you step back a pace and think before you type your next reply.

Everything I've said on here comes from some very reliable sources and I stand by the comments. We would hardly expect you to come on here and acknowledge that they are right now would we.

As regards your &quotmajor&quot achievements, you appear to be over-egging yor pudding once again. Anyone would think you have created World peace the way you talk:

a) the petition didn't change the Conference administration, the clubs did, and the decision was made to change procedures before the petition was even completed.
b) Daily dialogue with the club. Well phoning reception to book tickets doesn't count Mark. Nothing has been achieved from OxVox discussions with the club over the last year, and I understand the club now tolerates rather than welcomes this dialogue. And where are the minutes of these discussions? The last minutes are for October 2009, which acknowledged there had been no formal meetings between the club and OxVox for some time (since November 2008 if the minutes are anything to go by). Hardly the impression you were trying to create. The club have now restricted OxVox to 4 meetings a year, and there is little evidence of even that actually happening.
c) Created the 12th man fund? I think you'll find that was created by a separate group of supporters, as referred to by others on this thread, and OxVox then jumped on the bandwagon.
d) I'll take your word for it on the membership numbers. But how many of those are life members, and how many are inactive members? And how much discount have you had to give to achieve those numbers? And how many attended the recent AGM? Was the meeting even a legitimate meeting with a proper quorum. When was te last OxVox vote that attracted more than 10% of the membership, let alone 50% or a large majority of the membership? That's hardly a democracy.
e) Jack FM has a very small audience. I've not noticed regular entries in the Oxford Mail. Certainly nothing of substance, and no more frequently than has ever been achieved. Similarly, very little on RadOx.
f) Attracted multiple corporate partners? Don't make me laugh. You've signed up Simon's leasing business and Tim's Corporate business. Where are these multiple corporate businesses of note who are not committee members? And where is their advertising on the OxVox website as promised in the Corporate scheme details?
g) Carried out maintenance on the stadium. What maintenance? OxVox should be pressing the stadium company to do it's job, not doing the job for them.
h) Had meetings with special guests. So OxVox are entertainment providers now are they?
i) Been in consultation on ticket prices. Anyone can do that simply by telephoning or writing to Kelvin. He'll be more than happy to listen to ideas for increasing ticket revenue.

Not one of the above items represents a single significant achievement, and these are supposed to be your major achievements.

As I said OxVox needs a re-think and a major one at that.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:There has been absolutely NO infighting about who hands over the cheques. There is an agreed transparent procedure in place. You are talking rot Terry.
Whatever Tim. I'm too old to have the wool pulled.

Why would you even need a &quottransparent procedure&quot for handing a cheque over?
Mark Sennett
Brat

Post by Mark Sennett »

Firstly there is no infighting that is fact so your will need to substantiate this accusation. Also Neil carter is the person that hands over the cheques and why exactly would anyone fight to do that role????

Appologies if your comments weren't addressed at Simon or I but you still haven't explained this comment: 'OxVox of late is turning into a farce, and a somewhat pointless group of young wannabees without meaningful direction.'

You couldn't be more wrong on the level on contact qwe have with the club. Emails and phone calls are not minuted and as far as meeting goes I believe you are correct that we had 4 last year. The next one is this month. Kelvin is more than happy to meet us at any time if an urger matter arrises but TBH many subjects can be discussed by phone/email. Right now OxVox's relationship with the club has never been stronger and neither has communication. You are deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

I couldn't disagree with you more on the points deduction campaign. We dominated the NLP for weeks and caused huge embarassement to the Conference oh and got over 5,000 signatures. I can't see how you can dismiss this.

You are also 100% wrong on the 12th Man. Simon had origonally suggested a sign Beano fund. Tim then suggested a player transfer fund which we branded as the 12th Man fund. We then set up a meeting and presented the idea to fans. You were invited to this meeting I belive and couldn't make it. I can fwd you the PDF presentation for proof if you want.

The maintenance was putting up poster frames, fixing a breeze block in the east stand and installing shelves in al the concession areas. We also put down soem flooring in a SSU concession. We have also worked with Stadco and in response they have fixed broken fixtures and fittings as well as removing graffeti.

I've done many interviews on Jack FM and am a regular on their phone-in. Selfy does a fantastic job on Jack and is always promoting OxVox and Jack FM.

BBC Oxford regualrly call us for comments on news stories and stories about oxvox. But I understand you wouldn't hear these as you don't live in range of Radio Oxford (not a dig).

AS for meetings we are providing our members the chance to meet with club officials what's wrong with this???

We were approached by the club on tickets not the other way around so it shows they are interested and value our opinion.

So moving on what would you like to see OxVox do going forward? Perhaps there is an area you think you could help us with. I am always interested in hearing constructive criticism but some of your comments aren't factually correct and i have addressed them above. We might have to agree to dissagree but I would certainly be interested in hearing suggestions on how we can take the trust forward. Its interesting that you have this perception of OxVox at a time when public perception of the trust is improving, I base that comment on feedback i recieve daily and at the ground/pubs on matchdays.
Please sponsor the OxVox Walk to Wycombe to raise funds for Helen &amp Douglas House and the Oxford United Youth &amp Community Trust. You can donate online at www.justgiving.com/oxvox
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

This is like discussions with a spin doctor. OxVox won't progress until OxVox learns to accept it's failings.

I've already dealt with all of the points that you have replied to so I'm not going to bore everyoe by repeating them. You haven't provided any evidence that any of the points are incorrect, and still nothing to indicate that OxVox have achieved anything material over the lst 12 months. You might think that talking on a very minority radio station on a minor subject listened to b a hanful of people who aren't interested is meaningful, but I don't. You might think that it is meaningful to have email contact with the club instead of formal regular monthly meetings as used to happen, is material, I don't. Nothing has been achieved of any note.

I remain satisfied that all the points I have raised are accurate. I wouldn't have raised them if I was not reasonably satisifed.

On the RadOx point, I listen to pre and post match RadOx, which is the most influential time for OxVox to appear, and it is rare that OxVox do get presented at these times.

I've already said that OxVox need to re-evaluate what it is trying to achieve.

I don't have time for direct OxVox input regrettably.

Let me finish by making clear that the effort of all involved IS appreciated, I just think it is not working at the moment and hasn't been for a while. OxVox has become somewhat meaningless and irrlevant and that needs to be reversed.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:This is like discussions with a spin doctor. OxVox won't progress until OxVox learns to accept it's failings.

I've already dealt with all of the points that you have replied to so I'm not going to bore everyoe by repeating them. You haven't provided any evidence that any of the points are incorrect, and still nothing to indicate that OxVox have achieved anything material over the lst 12 months. You might think that talking on a very minority radio station on a minor subject listened to b a hanful of people who aren't interested is meaningful, but I don't. You might think that it is meaningful to have email contact with the club instead of formal regular monthly meetings as used to happen, is material, I don't. Nothing has been achieved of any note.

I remain satisfied that all the points I have raised are accurate. I wouldn't have raised them if I was not reasonably satisifed.

On the RadOx point, I listen to pre and post match RadOx, which is the most influential time for OxVox to appear, and it is rare that OxVox do get presented at these times.

Let me finish by making clear that the effort of all involved IS appreciated, I just think it is not working at the moment and hasn't been for a while. OxVox has become somewhat meaningless and irrlevant and that needs to be reversed.
So what would you like OxVox to do, as I'm curious?
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Re:

Post by Brahma Bull »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:c) Created the 12th man fund? I think you'll find that was created by a separate group of supporters, as referred to by others on this thread, and OxVox then jumped on the bandwagon.

f) Attracted multiple corporate partners? Don't make me laugh. You've signed up Simon's leasing business and Tim's Corporate business. Where are these multiple corporate businesses of note who are not committee members? And where is their advertising on the OxVox website as promised in the Corporate scheme details?
Clearly your opinion on a number of the points won't be changed, I find that a shame because I honestly think some of the comments you have made are unfair.

However, they are your opinion and as an OxVox member I would expect you to challenge them if you weren't happy. This email thread is the first I have seen of these concerns. Snake made some excellent points further back in the thread, ones which will be asked at the next meeting, next week.

If you don't mind, I would just like to talk about the two specifics I have pulled from your recent posting.

12th Man - it doesn't really matter the point is it has been a huge success which has benefited the club to the tune of £25,000. The target was ever only £10,000 so the fans, every single one who has contributed deserves to be lauded for the impact it has.

I have explained what happened and how it evolved and I really don't know what you've been told or by whom, as you prefer not to mention it. I will though state, they are wrong and are incorrect in your comments.

The scheme benefits everyone and it has been a huge success to 'your' Supporters Trust with the exposure. It isn't owned by OxVox, it is the ownership of every single Oxford United fan and Neil Carter has spent an amazing amount of time in making sure the 12th Man income is handled correctly.

Your second point about Corporate Partners. Tim and I were one of the first two Corporate Partners to support the Trust, in a financial way. As you know, the packages available are for £125 or £250 dependent on which level of cover. Each Partner has been featured (except for Tim's!!) in the bi-monthly eZine. They have a dedicated section on the website with click through links http://www.oxvox.org.uk/pageContent.aspx?id=16&amppID=9

We have ten partners, Tile Depot, Commun Design, Turning Circle, NB Moore Cars, 3D Building Services, Denton Builders, Thompson Wilson, Cult Zeros, JA Accounting (aka Apple Accounting) and FB Contracts.

The list clearly shows a multiple of partners, all of which have paid to be a Corporate Member. So I hope that hasn't made you laugh. :lol:
Last edited by Brahma Bull on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Can I just remind some people on here that the ‘preview’ button is your friend and would make the appearance (though not the content) of your contributions better.

There is also an edit function should you mess up after posting.

Now carry on, chaps...
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotMark Sennett&quot wrote:We are drafting a statement at present. This is a complicated issue and we need to consult the club on the wording. But we will release a strongly worded response ASAP.
Agree, it needs to be sensibly worded.

How about&#058
&quotFuck off you money-grabbing chavs, we're all going in the home end so fuck you&quot?
From this it would seem that actually Oxford are the money-grabbing chavs (possibly, allegedly, maybe, perhaps etc etc)

http://www.sbfcbanter.co.uk/sbfc.mpl?id=386468

Perhaps Oxvox should have conferred with the club first before sending a letter!
ConcreteBob
Baby

Re:

Post by ConcreteBob »

&quotHog&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotMark Sennett&quot wrote:We are drafting a statement at present. This is a complicated issue and we need to consult the club on the wording. But we will release a strongly worded response ASAP.
Agree, it needs to be sensibly worded.

How about&#058
&quotFuck off you money-grabbing chavs, we're all going in the home end so fuck you&quot?
From this it would seem that actually Oxford are the money-grabbing chavs (possibly, allegedly, maybe, perhaps etc etc)

Perhaps Oxvox should have conferred with the club first before sending a letter!
Wouldn't believe a word that &quotPaulio&quot chap says. He's an utter bellpiece.

I know, i've met him.
Beach Road End
Brat

Post by Beach Road End »

Anyway the point of the thread :roll: :roll:

To be honest I couldn't care less if it was made all ticket or not, in fact I welcome the sort of scenes seen at Woking which say that you are a small club and we are big and will be taking you over for the afternoon.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:This is like discussions with a spin doctor. OxVox won't progress until OxVox learns to accept it's failings.

I've told you, review what OxVox is for, so reverse the cycle of irrelevance, and create some useful goals to achieve. Make OxVox worthwhile again.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotBrahma Bull&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:c) Created the 12th man fund? I think you'll find that was created by a separate group of supporters, as referred to by others on this thread, and OxVox then jumped on the bandwagon.

Clearly your opinion on a number of the points won't be changed, I find that a shame because I honestly think some of the comments you have made are unfair.

However, they are your opinion and as an OxVox member I would expect you to challenge them if you weren't happy. This email thread is the first I have seen of these concerns. Snake made some excellent points further back in the thread, ones which will be asked at the next meeting, next week.

If you don't mind, I would just like to talk about the two specifics I have pulled from your recent posting.

12th Man - it doesn't really matter the point is it has been a huge success which has benefited the club to the tune of £25,000. The target was ever only £10,000 so the fans, every single one who has contributed deserves to be lauded for the impact it has.

I have explained what happened and how it evolved and I really don't know what you've been told or by whom, as you prefer not to mention it. I will though state, they are wrong and are incorrect in your comments.

The scheme benefits everyone and it has been a huge success to 'your' Supporters Trust with the exposure. It isn't owned by OxVox, it is the ownership of every single Oxford United fan and Neil Carter has spent an amazing amount of time in making sure the 12th Man income is handled correctly.

Your second point about Corporate Partners. Tim and I were one of the first two Corporate Partners to support the Trust, in a financial way. As you know, the packages available are for £125 or £250 dependent on which level of cover. Each Partner has been featured (except for Tim's!!) in the bi-monthly eZine. They have a dedicated section on the website with click through links http://www.oxvox.org.uk/pageContent.aspx?id=16&amppID=9

We have ten partners, Tile Depot, Commun Design, Turning Circle, NB Moore Cars, 3D Building Services, Denton Builders, Thompson Wilson, Cult Zeros, JA Accounting (aka Apple Accounting) and FB Contracts.

The list clearly shows a multiple of partners, all of which have paid to be a Corporate Member. So I hope that hasn't made you laugh. :lol:
Au contraire. I'm always persuadable, but very few signs to suggest the points I've made are wrong , bar one or two minor issues.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

[quote=&quotHoge]

Perhaps Oxvox should have conferred with the club first before sending a letter![/quote]

&quotThe police have no interest in this game being all ticket as the Oxford police, and their own safety officer are predicting under 1000 Oxford supporters will attend the match.&quot

They are not that incompetent surely? And who is our Safety Officer?
ConcreteBob
Baby

Post by ConcreteBob »

I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't contacted anybody.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:

I've told you, review what OxVox is for, so reverse the cycle of irrelevance, and create some useful goals to achieve. Make OxVox worthwhile again.

How is the 12th Man not a 'useful goal' ?