Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

That's the one!

Well worth finding.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotMally&quot wrote:Has anybody heard of the Internet? Its a great way to find information. For example I typed &quotHarvey's Pub London&quot into a thing called a search engine provided by those nice chaps at Yahoo.

It came back with the following:

The Royal Oak
Address
44 Tabard St, London, SE1 4JU
The only Harveys pub in London, you'll find Harvey's XX Mild normally on tap.

http&#58//www&#46planetbods&#46org/mild ... _oak/index

Can I join the CID now?
I wonder why the website makes such a big reference to The Market Porter as in &quotNot that far from the Market Porter&quot when there are so many pubs between Borough Market and Great Dover St. Is it a real ale thing?
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote:Has anybody heard of the Internet? Its a great way to find information. For example I typed &quotHarvey's Pub London&quot into a thing called a search engine provided by those nice chaps at Yahoo.

It came back with the following:

The Royal Oak
Address
44 Tabard St, London, SE1 4JU
The only Harveys pub in London, you'll find Harvey's XX Mild normally on tap.

http&#58//www&#46planetbods&#46org/mild ... _oak/index

Can I join the CID now?
I wonder why the website makes such a big reference to The Market Porter as in &quotNot that far from the Market Porter&quot when there are so many pubs between Borough Market and Great Dover St. Is it a real ale thing?
I guess it must be. It if was a tourist thing they'd probably say that it's &quotNot that far from the George Inn&quot. And most beer buffs would at least have heard of the Porter.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote: I wonder why the website makes such a big reference to The Market Porter as in &quotNot that far from the Market Porter&quot when there are so many pubs between Borough Market and Great Dover St. Is it a real ale thing?
Because the Market Porter is the best pub in the world (well, London anyway), and anyone who is serious about drinking ale in the Capital knows where it is.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote: I wonder why the website makes such a big reference to The Market Porter as in &quotNot that far from the Market Porter&quot when there are so many pubs between Borough Market and Great Dover St. Is it a real ale thing?
Because the Market Porter is the best pub in the world (well, London anyway), and anyone who is serious about drinking ale in the Capital knows where it is.
Hold on! Market Porter is pretty damn good but best pub in London? That's pushing it. It gets massively overcriowded especially this time of the year.

I have had Harveys there and thought it overrated. Stlll each to their own.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

Yes, I had a great pint of Fosters there too.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotHog&quot wrote:
Yes, I had a great pint of Fosters there too.
A great pint of Fosters? Does such a thing exist?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

:roll:
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

Sorry to interrupt.....
&quotMally&quot wrote: They have insisted that we have at least 45 stewards in attendance and a police presence.
Would it not be a nice gesture for one of the &quotbig-boys&quot of Non-League (ie. us) to lend a helping hand by either providing some of the 45 stewards and/or making a contribution towards the costs of staging the game to ensure Lewes do not actually lose money?

After all, it is only the sort of thing that would be called for if a big league club played a minnow in the FA cup (eg Millwall {well, sort of big} at Havant) and would also be a good PR move as we attempt to re-establish ourselves as one of the good guys....

PS I know the real issue is the police over-reacting/over-charging and that we should not really be encouraging either, but it might prove to be a nice gesture on our part...

Anyway, back to the Real discussion (and how nice for a footie forum to prefer discussing Real Ale to Real Madrid..)....