Ladies Day

Anything yellow and blue
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Ladies Day

Post by Swissbloke »

I got this from Cambridge: Would one of these work at the Kass....

Ladies night
After the success of our Ladies day against York City in November, we are delighted to announce our Ladies night on Tuesday 16th of March 7.45 ko. Tickets are just £25 and include pre match hot &amp cold buffet, fashion &amp beauty demonstration by John Lewis Cambridge and Executive box tickets and player bar passes. Demand for this event has already been high so dont miss out!

To book contact commercial@cambridge-united.co.uk
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

If they can make a success (depends on how they define this) of this in Cambridge then it follow that it would be succesful in Oxford. - Same level of football, same demographics, city size, etc.

The difference at Oxford is we have better facilities to host such an event but the cost structure could limit the profitability - e.g sharing catering revenues, payment for conference facilities. The bigger picture for these events is attracting new people to keep coming back so even if the event was to break even itself the longer term benefits may be worth it.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

What a bunch of chauvanist rubbish.

The idea that women won't attend a footee match without there being adequate hair staightening facilities is at best facile and at worst utterly offensive.

Let's turn the tables - how about an idea to encourage men to attend OULFC matches?
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

Have just mentioned this to Mrs AW whose immediate response can best be described as 'crisp' but was followed by a more measured response : apparently she would regard it as Ladies' Day if they ever get to provide seats, paper and soap in the SSL toilets.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Yes my good Wife was not too interested, however....when I mentioned the players bar access She changed her tune.

I wonder if Chelsea should run ladies day, the players might like that.....
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quottomoufc&quot wrote:What a bunch of chauvanist rubbish.

The idea that women won't attend a footee match without there being adequate hair staightening facilities is at best facile and at worst utterly offensive.

Let's turn the tables - how about an idea to encourage men to attend OULFC matches?
Sorry have to disagree - I don't think it's chauvanistic if you aim to get people who wouldn't otherwise attend an event to come along by providing something they are interested in. The point here isn't that women won't attend football without a fashion show (god knows where the hair straightners came from) but that SOME women wouldn't attend without one.

However I'm all for promotions that encourage more men to attend womens football. I'm a big fan of womens football as you may have guessed from my previous postings. Would it be chauvanistic to have a boxing match in the conference centre before a womens game to promote it to men?
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Dr Bob »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:Yes my good Wife was not too interested, however....when I mentioned the players bar access She changed her tune.

I wonder if Chelsea should run ladies day, the players might like that.....
Seems they already have more than enough access.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Mally, you're falling into the same trap again - this time suggesting that only men are interested in boxing. The point is mate that it is 2010, not 1952 and just us many men are interested in fasion as women.

I can think of many women I know that wouldn't just be put off by the idea of a fasion show, they would also find it bloody hilarious that in this day and age the plan to attract 'ladies' to fotee match is to have some underpaid models prancing round the Maurice Evans suite.

I appreciate you have the right intentions and I agree that there needs to be a drive to attract more female fans. I feel there needs to be a serious look at sexism in football along the lines of the Kick it Out campaign against racism. No amount of gimmicky one-offs, especially of that nature, can replace that.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quottomoufc&quot wrote:Mally, you're falling into the same trap again - this time suggesting that only men are interested in boxing. The point is mate that it is 2010, not 1952 and just us many men are interested in fasion as women.

I can think of many women I know that wouldn't just be put off by the idea of a fasion show, they would also find it bloody hilarious that in this day and age the plan to attract 'ladies' to fotee match is to have some underpaid models prancing round the Maurice Evans suite.

I appreciate you have the right intentions and I agree that there needs to be a drive to attract more female fans. I feel there needs to be a serious look at sexism in football along the lines of the Kick it Out campaign against racism. No amount of gimmicky one-offs, especially of that nature, can replace that.
Where did I use the word &quotonly&quot? If you put a boxing match on most of the audience wll be men. If you put a fashion show in then most of the audience will be women. Neither is exclusive to one sex and neither appeals to all of that sex.

I don't see any major sexism in football apart from in the funding levels for men's and women's football. Something incidentally that legislation has addressed in the US so that there is equal athletic schalarship money for men and women.

Men and women are accepted and catered for equally ehn it comes to watching football and many women attend football matches - two of my closest friends who have season tickets are women (who don't come with male partners), but they are the exception rather than the rule and if you want to attaract more women then I don't see anything wrong with using promotions that will appeal more to women.

To suggest that there's something wrong with this is actually patronising to the women who obviously (in Cambridge's example) take advantage of these events. I also think that charecterisng models at fashion shows as &quotunderpaid and prancing&quot is not only patronising it's also sexist.