Lewes Tickets

Anything yellow and blue
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Lewes Tickets

Post by Myles Francis »

According to an official statement on the Lewes forum, the ticketing arrangements have been changed slightly from what was first announced.

Ground capacity has been set at 1,900 and Oxford are being given 900 tickets. 500 are in the new South Stand priced at £20 (£8 concessions) and 400 in a temporary stand priced at £15 (£8 concessions).

The police have also demanded that there are at least 45 stewards on duty for the game.

I do feel some sympathy for Lewes as it seems the cost of staging &quotbig&quot games by smaller clubs is getting almost prohibitively expensive, but £20?!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Third away game in 3 weeks (after two local ones).
Main Christmas shopping weekend.
Competition that few Oxford fans care much about.

We'd have been lucky to take 300, regardless of those ludicrous entry prices.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Had intended on going - particularly as I've not missed a game this season. But looking at the prices sorely tempted not too. I think Lewes have probably shot themselves in the foot on this one. What with Christmas coming up &amp this being the poor relations cup compi what are their marketing people thinking?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

It will be interesting to see what our marketing department do if we end up drawing with them. I know I keep banging on about ‘Adults for a quid’ and pay on turnstiles the night but that’s mainly because we’ve never tried that and I’d like to see what happened if we did.

Anyway, sod the FAT - I’ve got some shopping to do and a wife to keep happy on the 16th. If I want to see what a real non-league ground looks like that much I can go to North Leigh, Banbury or Witney United and not pay a small fortune for the privilege.

Having said that then I’ve got every respect for any U’s supporter who does go to Lewes and I’m sure it will be a great day out for a lot of our exiles who live not so far away from that area.

By the way, is it true that Fulham only took 150 supporters to Blackburn last Saturday?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Go on sale 13:00 Monday at £15 each and we've got 898 tickets.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Go on sale 13:00 Monday at £15 each and we've got 898 tickets.
So, the £20 tickets as mentioned in Lewes' official statement have suddenly vanished?

Really struggling not to use the &quotT&quot word! (The one which ends &quotinpot&quot).
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

It could be OUFC who have got the price wrong - who's tinpot then?

More worrying is the following quote:

&quotCommercial Director, Steve White commented on behalf of the club: “ We realise that the situation is not ideal but the police are taking a completely different view on this match than they did for our FA Cup match against Darlington. We are expecting a huge presence from the away fans, plus an influx of otherwise neutral supporters. They have insisted that we have at least 45 stewards in attendance and a police presence. We have had to do the best we can to accommodate all those who wish to come to the match and ensure their safety. There are also considerable financial implications for the club in the staging of this match. Lewes FC are confidant that this will be another highly enjoyable and history making day for the club.&quot &quot

More heavy handed policing? I hope not but if the local police start treating Oxford Fans as hooligans at every away game there will come a time when some of the less restrained fans start living up to their supposed reputation.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotMally&quot wrote:It could be OUFC who have got the price wrong - who's tinpot then?
Lewes have put out another statement on their forum confirming that it's just the straight £15/£8 across the board.

On the policing issue, there has already been rumours of members of Brighton's firm coming along to the game to reacquaint themselves with the SMHS, so it's not surprising that the Police are viewing this game as a bigger risk that the Darlington one. As ever, it's the difficulty in getting the balance right between providing a suitable deterrent to those inclined to cause trouble but not impinging on the majority who have just come to watch the game.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Just been told that I have to be at home for daughter's birthday party and quite right too but with the price and this talk of SMHS can't say I'm too dissapointed.

Anyway, I'm going to the only Harveys pub in London for a beer or two tomorrow night.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:Anyway, I'm going to the only Harveys pub in London for a beer or two tomorrow night.
Oooh, where's that? I know of a couple that sell Harveys, but not of an actual Harveys pub.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:
&quotBoogie&quot wrote:Anyway, I'm going to the only Harveys pub in London for a beer or two tomorrow night.
Oooh, where's that? I know of a couple that sell Harveys, but not of an actual Harveys pub.
In London :roll:
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotHog&quot wrote:
With deduction like that, you should request a transfer to CID. :D
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotHog&quot wrote:
&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote: Oooh, where's that? I know of a couple that sell Harveys, but not of an actual Harveys pub.
With deduction like that, you should request a transfer to CID. :D
:oops:
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Has anybody heard of the Internet? Its a great way to find information. For example I typed &quotHarvey's Pub London&quot into a thing called a search engine provided by those nice chaps at Yahoo.

It came back with the following:

The Royal Oak
Address
44 Tabard St, London, SE1 4JU
The only Harveys pub in London, you'll find Harvey's XX Mild normally on tap.

http&#58//www&#46planetbods&#46org/mild ... _oak/index

Can I join the CID now?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMally&quot wrote: Can I join the CID now?
No, but you can join CAMRA