Oxtales Boxing Day issue

Anything yellow and blue
Dan Abrey
Sperm

Oxtales Boxing Day issue

Post by Dan Abrey »

If anyone fancies writing a contribution to the Oxtales special Boxing Day issue, take a look at the post on the website - contribution deadline is 16th December.

Cheers.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Spam?

Post by Snake »

Excuse me, Harry Potter, but don’t you have your own forum?

Borris and his friends appeared to have moved on from printed material and into the 21st century to a medium where you can shove stuff up on the Internet and get half as many reads on a subject as you sell fanzines.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Ignore Draco Malfoy and his Slitheryn comments. Printed fanzines remain an important part of football culture.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

You'd like to think so Mally but although they still sell well it seems people can't be arsed to make a contribution and the last one was sadly small on content. It's nearing the end I suspect. Shame. Unless a few people on here could ...
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Yes but the previous issue was rather good wasn't it?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotMally&quot wrote:Ignore Draco Malfoy and his Slitheryn comments. Printed fanzines remain an important part of football culture.
Yeah, maybe, but you’re the last person I would ever call a Luddite, so I’m happy to respect your opinion on this,
yellowportly
Brat

Re:

Post by yellowportly »

&quotHog&quot wrote:You'd like to think so Mally but although they still sell well it seems people can't be arsed to make a contribution and the last one was sadly small on content. It's nearing the end I suspect. Shame. Unless a few people on here could ...
a few people on here could compile some red card/yellow card stats for this site and then write up their experiences and post it to Mr A for inclusion ?

Just a thought ...

I'll get my coat :roll:
--== Keep On Keepin' On ==--
Dan Abrey
Sperm

Re: Spam?

Post by Dan Abrey »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Excuse me, Harry Potter, but don’t you have your own forum?

Borris and his friends appeared to have moved on from printed material and into the 21st century to a medium where you can shove stuff up on the Internet and get half as many reads on a subject as you sell fanzines.
Izzy, wizzy, make Snake disappear! Darn, must have lost my wizard hat somewhere. Don't you have something less pre-pubescent to be getting on with, Snake?

Cheers to all those who contributed, and to Snake for bringing a smile to my face.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re: Spam?

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotDan Abrey&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:Excuse me, Harry Potter, but don’t you have your own forum?

Izzy, wizzy, make Snake disappear! Darn, must have lost my wizard hat somewhere. Don't you have something less pre-pubescent to be getting on with, Snake?

Cheers to all those who contributed, and to Snake for bringing a smile to my face.
Snake's a good writer. I'd enjoy reading one of his columns. How abouit calling it 'Touchline Jeerer's Musings?'
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Cheers, Harry Potter.

By the way, if your fanzine gets any thinner it will start to look like the Oxford Mail does on a slow news day (i.e. most days) and you charge 65p more for your copy than they do.

I think somewhere on the Internet I’ve made a promise that I will pen something for your rag with the caveat that it will be when the true ownership of Oxford United has been transferred lock, stock and barrel to people who we know will take the club properly forward.

For obvious reasons that won’t be for your Boxing Day edition, but I know more about OUFC than J.K. Rowling does, so please be patient.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

But the fanzine doesn't rely on advertisers to subsidise it and would never dream of carrying advertising for Reading Football Club, and hasn't increased the cover price for donkey's years. And it's ALL about OUFC.
Dan Abrey
Sperm

Post by Dan Abrey »

The fanzine is what the fans make of it and do with it. That's kind of the point. Harry Potter is only the go-between.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotDan Abrey&quot wrote:The fanzine is what the fans make of it and do with it. That's kind of the point. Harry Potter is only the go-between.
I take your point, being a bit of a Muggle myself.

Good luck with it - you should sell 700 or so on Tuesday, and nice to see you posting on here now and again!