Write my next book for me

Anything yellow and blue
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:Was that not the Manageress thing with Cheri Lungi?
No, although that did have part of an episode filmed at the Manor (featuring Phil Mitchell from Eastenders - or rather the character that played him).
I think 'The Real Eddie English' had some filming at the Manor. Also there was a Jim'll Fix It at the Manor where the whole Oxford side got sent off byan Arsenal loving brat who had seen us beat them in the Cup that season.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote:I think 'The Real Eddie English' had some filming at the Manor.
Have you not been reading this thread then? You would have been quite useful about a page and a half ago!
OUFC_Gav
Toddler

Re:

Post by OUFC_Gav »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Incidently I was watching that Sheff. Utd Vs Oxford Utd match from September 1968 on You Tube last night (in four segments). Apparently Bramall Lane was three sided then and I thought the commentator, Wolstenholme referred to cricket being played there ?
Yes, it's even hosted an Ashes Test, I believe.
http&#58//www&#46cricinfo&#46com/ci/con ... 47&#46html
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

following on from the TIU thread, perhaps a few paragraphs about Oxford United singles the artist year of release event being celebrated.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Already done, Slappy! (thanks for the suggestion anyway, though. Keep em coming.)
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

How about those other OUFC stories which are incidental to the match?
chelsea 1 - oxford 3

Q for ed: Is it &quotincidental to&quot or &quotincidental with&quot?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Incidental to.

Question for the RO cognoscenti:
Can anyone think of any managers who lost their jobs after losing to Oxford in the past 15 years?

Thx.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Incidental to.

Can anyone think of any managers who lost their jobs after losing to Oxford in the past 15 years?

Thx.
Sir Alex Ferguson didn’t lose his job when he got beaten by Us, though I’d imagine that the people who were paying his wages at the time had a good chat about it when his team lost at The Manor.

I know that doesn’t answer your question because it's outside the 15 year timeframe, and we’d already beaten Manchester United three times in recent years so it was not a surprise in those days that he held on to his job.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Re:

Post by amershamwrighty »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Incidental to.

Thx.
I think that Ossie Ardiles was sacked as Newcastle manager after losing something like 5-2 to Oxford, and Mick Mills was sacked as Stoke manager after losing 4-0 or thereabouts.

I'm too lazy to get up and walk into the lounge to check the facts in your book - because these games might fall outside the 15 year timeframe.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote: I think that Ossie Ardiles was sacked as Newcastle manager after losing something like 5-2 to Oxford, and Mick Mills was sacked as Stoke manager after losing 4-0 or thereabouts.

I'm too lazy to get up and walk into the lounge to check the facts in your book - because these games might fall outside the 15 year timeframe.
Yes, I was aware of those and they do fall outside the 15-year timeframe. Thanks anyway.