FAT Hat

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

FAT Hat

Post by Snake »

I'm happy to start this thread but no way will I put up a prediction until 2:59 on Saturday.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

I couldn't care less, so I'll predict a 0-0 draw to save me looking up the names of potential goalscorers, even our own.

Home Team 0 - 0 Away Team
5,000 (100 away)
UE: The match is a classic, remembered fondly by fans for years to come.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:I couldn't care less, so I'll predict a 0-0 draw to save me looking up the names of potential goalscorers, even our own.

5,000 (100 away)
I'm guessing you will be about 3000 out on the crowd.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:I couldn't care less, so I'll predict a 0-0 draw to save me looking up the names of potential goalscorers, even our own.

5,000 (100 away)
I'm guessing you will be about 3000 out on the crowd.
Well, we do have reduced prices, but I reckon about 3600 out would be even closer.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I wonder whereabouts on this list this game will figure. I'm betting that it'll be third.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotboris&quot wrote:I wonder whereabouts on this list this game will figure. I'm betting that it'll be third.
Third from the bottom or top? Presumably you mean the third lowest home crowd ever. Can't see that happening myself. We'll easily get over 2000 and it might not even feature in the wierdly named Top 20 lowest ever attendances.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:I wonder whereabouts on this list this game will figure. I'm betting that it'll be third.
Third from the bottom or top? Presumably you mean the third lowest home crowd ever. Can't see that happening myself. We'll easily get over 2000 and it might not even feature in the wierdly named Top 20 lowest ever attendances.
I tend to read your contributions in more detail than other posters on this board because more often than not you’re right. If we get more than 2439 on Saturday then I will pay even more attention to what you have to say, but I don’t think that will be the case.

Happy for you to humiliate me for being so wrong come Saturday night :cry:
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

UE Frank realises that a FAT hat is even more inappropriate in a hat league than a FACup Hat.

Unfortunately we win 1-0, scored by, I have no idea what the team will be, um, Woodley, in front of 2345, 27, amidst riots, violence and the ritual execution of bonus-laden bankers.
Last edited by Ancient Colin on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote:UE Frank realises that a FAT hat is even more inappropriate in a hat league than a FA Cup Hat.
I’ve used every search engine available on the internet regarding the rules of the Rage Online Hat competition*, so I’m well up-to-date on this matter.

Without wading into constitutional matters my summation is that Frank and his new assistant decide whether our postings count or not, and there is no appeal route.

* clearly a lie
Yellow River
Brat

Post by Yellow River »

United 2 H&ampY 1

Midson, Murray, Basham.

2345 (45)

UE All the match officials are injured as they jog around the pitch before the match. Nathan Cooper asks if there is a referee in 'the house' Boris steps forward to take the whistle. Substitute referee then sends off Basham for OTT goal celebration. At a later appeal hearing Boris agrees to overturn the red card, and as a gesture of goodwill allows Basham to have a signed copy of his latest book at half the RSP.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotYellow River&quot wrote:as a gesture of goodwill allows Basham to have a signed copy of his latest book at half the RSP.
You are quite clearly a fantasist.
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Post by Shoobedoo »

South Midlands 0 - 0 West London
(No goalscorer, obviously)

UE: Nothing happens.
Baboo Junior
Puberty

Post by Baboo Junior »

Oxford 2 H&ampY 0
Midson Clist
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Win 2-1
Green, Green, Green
UE: Basham hat-trick and Utd start with a front three of Deering, Woodley and Potter
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Don't care - Don't Care

Don't Care (Don't Care)

UE: Don't care