Stevenage Hat

Anything yellow and blue
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Stevenage Hat

Post by Mooro »

Wow, I'm still on holiday for this one too - hurrah

Good Job, as I miss an abject performance as the U's throw away the opportunity to increase their lead over the clubs on FA Cup duty.

Borough 2 (Dale, Ladd) Ox 1 (Slabber)

UE - Res Ox flies all the way over to Oz to punch me for finally getting one of my negative predictions to come true, only to get delayed en route and arrive in Sydney as I touch down back in Blighty to celebrate my charge up the hat league.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Mooro

Are you going to watch a bit of cricket by any chance?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Mooro

Are you going to watch a bit of cricket by any chance?
Nope, did that last time (incuding watching the Slumdon cup tie via the text match report on the BBC website in an internet cafe only to realise that two other lads three machines down were doing the same thing, then getting kicked out at half time cos the place was closing).

Taking a 1 year old to see his uncle get married in Canberra, so will be hundreds of miles away from the cricket (perhaps not a bad thing), recovering from taking a baby on a 24 hour flight and then dumped in Canberra with lots of Aussies who will probably only want to talk about the cricket - trip of a lifetime or what????
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

Your chances of finding a decent pub in Stevenage are pretty thin, by the way. I suppose the Our Mutual Friend might be tolerable or, if you're going in someone else's car, there's a nice pub in Norton Green but actually getting there needs sharp map-reading since you have to go into Stevenage and under the motorway. Look out for the sign directing you to Tourist Information, always good for a laugh.

I was once in that pub with a girlfriend, and her ex was in there too. This was a bit bloody odd as he lived in Southampton.

Parking is probably tricky too. Meanwhile if you're going by train it's a bastard of a walk, particularly at this time of year. As it is if you get off early at Knebworth. There is a bus from there, though, but trying to look up the timetable is more than I can be bothered to do.
entirely disenchanted
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:Your chances of finding a decent pub in Stevenage are pretty thin
Probably better than Mooro's chances of finding a decent pub in Canberra, though. I spent a few days there a while back, and while it's a very scenic place, there's naff all to do there, especially at night. About 90% of the population are government officials, or people in jobs to service the government officials. Very grim.

Although it remains the only place I've ever been where I've seen a pair of kangaroos hopping down one of the main streets.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Certainly such a scene would be unlikely in Stevenage. A kangaroo would be a rare sight even on the cycle paths.
entirely disenchanted
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Sideshow Rob »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:Certainly such a scene would be unlikely in Stevenage. A kangaroo would be a rare sight even on the cycle paths.
I dunno though. When I was a kid I remember there was a thriving population of escapee wallabies living in the area close to Whipsnade Zoo. Perhaps they have hopped over the M1 and spread to the Stevenage area.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

U's win 2-1
Yemi, Burgess, Dale
UE: Utd fail to score from two penalties. Slabber starts.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

UE: somebody in Stevenage seen reading a book.
entirely disenchanted
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I've got a bad feeling about Stevenage. They're in reasonable form and ar ebeginning to climb the table and have George Boyd playing for them, who is one of the best strikers in the Conference.

On the other hand we're not really in any sort of form.

Hertfordshire new town 2 Oxfordshire original town 1

Boyd (2), Anaclet

3,857 of which 1,796 from Oxo

UE: Jim Smith tears his hair out.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

1-1
Burgess, Gaia
2,666 (888)

Turley loses his voice and signs his existential despair frantically to the team. The innovative &quotstatues&quot defensive formation at corners is sold to the Saatchi Gallery. Slow Eddie's growing confidence is revealed as he skins the mascot in pre-match warm up, before tripping over the ball in McGrath style.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

2-0 Oxford
Yemi, Duffer
3000 (1001)

UE - A resurgent Eddie gets so used to beating full backs with pace that he forgets to stop running and ends up in the crowd.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

St 0 - 2 Oxf Slabber Duffy 2987 987
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Post by Resurrection Ox »

Stevenage 0 OUFC 1 (Yemi) 2,933 (895 U's)

UE: Yemi scores via backside. Turley knocks goal over.
Last edited by Resurrection Ox on Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeke
Dashing young thing

Post by Zeke »

Them 1 Us 1 Guppy, Duffy 2687 1136