OxVox member censorship

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

OxVox member censorship

Post by GodalmingYellow »

How disappointing to learn that OxVox is censoring members on it's forum.
bob s
Toddler

Post by bob s »

Hi Terry......I have replied to your comments on the OV forum...thus:

http://forum.oxvox.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=383

Regards.....Bob.
To err is human - to forgive is divine
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

I'm not in OxVox but I'm firmly in the World Has Gone Mad camp.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

How refreshing it is to see that some people still get exercised about what goes on in the OxVox forum, as I thought it had gone to sleep a while ago – so well done GY in raising the matter to a wider audience.

Anyway, for those of us who don’t bother clicking on “Bob’s Place
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

No, I'm just going to grass you up.
nerps
Baby

Post by nerps »

Very confusing this Snake. I thought Trevor had already given you a very good explanation to your question on the OxVox forum ( which you at least use !!). He explained why the post had been removed, he also informed you that he had contacted the original poster to explain his reasons. Oh yes, almost forgot, YOU then posted back accepting Trevors explanation and I do believe you thanked him.
Now unless you are having memory loss problems i can only assume you are being mischievous. Life must be getting really boring.
nerps
Baby

Post by nerps »

I said very confusing Snake and now I back up my words because you must be very confused !!!
Reason being I posted at 12. 14 and at 12.15 I realised I had crossed my snakes with my scooters.
Snake, please accept my 100% apology, not that there is anything wrong with Scooter.
As for the topic, well I suggest you all have a look at the much improved OxVox forum and you will be able to read the postings/explanations under the 'general' listing.
Pleased we are still of interest and willing to retract when making one of those 'very few' errors !!!!!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotnerps&quot wrote:Very confusing this Snake. I thought Trevor had already given you a very good explanation to your question on the OxVox forum ( which you at least use !!). He explained why the post had been removed, he also informed you that he had contacted the original poster to explain his reasons. Oh yes, almost forgot, YOU then posted back accepting Trevors explanation and I do believe you thanked him.
Now unless you are having memory loss problems i can only assume you are being mischievous. Life must be getting really boring.
The phrase &quotwhen in a hole, stop digging&quot springs to mind.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Come off it Terry - that phrase could equally apply to you.

You're digging the proverbial mountain out of a mole hill. You know it's
a non issue. You too were beng mischievious.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Come off it Terry - that phrase could equally apply to you.

You're digging the proverbial mountain out of a mole hill. You know it's
a non issue. You too were beng mischievious.
To my knowledge, I'm not in a hole.

OxVox committee censorship of its members is a very important issue. If you do not agree with that, everyone can draw their own conclusion.

No I'm not &quotbeng (sic) mischievious&quot. Several members and committee members are very upset by the use of censorship.
Last edited by GodalmingYellow on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Can we censor misuse of apostrophes in possessive pronouns?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote:Can we censor misuse of apostrophes in possessive pronouns?
Your wish, my command.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotnerps&quot wrote:I said very confusing Snake and now I back up my words because you must be very confused !!!
Reason being I posted at 12. 14 and at 12.15 I realised I had crossed my snakes with my scooters.
Snake, please accept my 100% apology, not that there is anything wrong with Scooter.
As for the topic, well I suggest you all have a look at the much improved OxVox forum and you will be able to read the postings/explanations under the 'general' listing.
Pleased we are still of interest and willing to retract when making one of those 'very few' errors !!!!!
I wasn’t after a long and rambling explanation, just seeing what was posted and deleted.

As for your forum, I have no idea what you are on about as I’ve not even read it for many months, let alone contributed. One of the reasons being that some people post things like “Now unless you are having memory loss problems i can only assume you are being mischievous. Life must be getting really boring.
nerps
Baby

Post by nerps »

Sorry Snake can't help you there the article was removed before I read it and although Trevor has precied it to the committee I cannot comment on what I didn't read however I did read Trevor's explanation which is still on the OxVox forum, so may I suggest once more, if only for your amusement, you pay it a visit.
Alternatively you could make one of your phone calls to Trevor who as you well know would be more than ready to discuss the subject with you. You could in turn post the information on here, putting an end to what is obviously a topic of great interest.
One point to Goldalming Yellow, if the removed post was of offensive language, slanderous content or content which might infringe on certain legalities, would you not expect Trevor or another to remove it asp. ?
Common sense says he did the right thing and the explanation would have easily achieved by asking him face to face on Monday or by telephone.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotnerps&quot wrote: Alternatively you could make one of your phone calls to Trevor who as you well know would be more than ready to discuss the subject with you. You could in turn post the information on here, putting an end to what is obviously a topic of great interest.
One of my phone calls to Trevor? A topic of great interest? Lol.

So, no thanks, but it’s quite funny the way OV have dealt with this matter, so many thanks for brightening up our forum for a short while.

Meanwhile, I think I’ll continue to leave your forum alone given that there is always the possibility that stuff OV don’t agree with gets deleted.