I've just bought a book.

Anything yellow and blue
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Boris - Do you know when the book might be delivered if it is pre-ordered now?

Someone I know has a birthday coming up in the next month but both Amazon and the Club Shop say &quotthe autumn&quot.

Is there anywhere I can get a copy earlier?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Sorry Boogs, I'm in the dark as much as you are. All I know is that on one website (Breedon's, I think) it says 30 August and on another (Waterstones, possibly) it says 30 July. I'd err on the side of caution and go with the publisher's view.

The On This Day book, which seems to have been forgotten amongst all the publicity for the Complete Record, is due out 30 September, I believe. If I find out any different, or if they send me any pre-release copies, I'll let you know.
Andrewmaha
Brat

Re:

Post by Andrewmaha »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:Boris - Do you know when the book might be delivered if it is pre-ordered now?

Someone I know has a birthday coming up in the next month but both Amazon and the Club Shop say &quotthe autumn&quot.

Is there anywhere I can get a copy earlier?

I have ordered a copy through Breedon Books and they quoted the earliest possible despatch date as 30th August, the critical path being printing etc. They obviously stated that there was no other quicker source but they would say that would'nt they.
OUFC_Gav
Toddler

Re:

Post by OUFC_Gav »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:After all that guff about editing you'd better get my bloody name right.
The Roll of Honour thing, or whatever it's called, is nowt to do with me. My input into that = 0.
Shame they have banned anything other than straight names this time. Was hoping MincheryFarmWeb could be a roll of honour listee, but it has to be plain me.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

That sucks.

I wonder if they'd have let my nom de plume be Boris?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

If any of you haven't yet ordered this book (and if not, why not?) then here's a special offer that might just tempt you :wink:
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

It arrived today.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Ascension Ox »

Got mine today. Very comprehensive, and I recommend it to all true U's, you 've done a great job Boris!

I guess colour photos would have blown the budget ?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Any typo's spotted yet ?

My copy states Malcolm Shotton went on a long stretch of continous appearances from May 1987 !

He left OUFC in September 1987 !!
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Any typo's spotted yet ?

My copy states Malcolm Shotton went on a long stretch of continous appearances from May 1987 !

He left OUFC in September 1987 !!
Any typos spotted yet - yes - 'continous' in your text above.

I thank you.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

blimey boris, just picked up my copy today and i hadn't realised quite what i'd paid for! i suppose the clue was in the title... still, an absolute bargain, we're lucky you went with a publisher with such a generous pricing model!

is there the possibility of a reprint? just wondered if you wanted a note of corrections, or will that just be annoying?..
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote: is there the possibility of a reprint? just wondered if you wanted a note of corrections, or will that just be annoying?..
I doubt there'll be a reprint (I think the initial print run was 2,000). But it would be handy to have a note of corrections anyway (by PM please - don't want to be too embarrassed!). Typically, after a rigorous editing process and three seperate proof-reading sessions (two by me, one by someone at OUFC), I still spotted a glaring error within a minute or two of opening up the finished book the first time!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Mine arrived from Amazon a couple of days ago, and the price was discounted from £19.99 to £13.99. (I pre-ordered it a while ago so I’m six quid better off than I thought).

I’m still reading it (hence my posting after midnight on RO!) but the first thing that struck me about Martin’s book was how heavy it was.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Well I thought I had, I've just received this from Amazon

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

We regret to inform you that your order will take longer to fulfill than originally estimated. Our supplier has notified us that there is a delay obtaining stock for the following items you ordered on June 02 2009.

Martin Brodetsky &quotOxford United on This Day: History, Facts and Figures from Every Day of the Year&quot

We are awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information.

If you would prefer to cancel the item, please visit Your Account on the link below:

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk, we hope to see you again.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

I've ordered that OUFC stats book too. Paid for it too.

By the way the new history by Boris is a great read.