Tony Kempster

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Tony Kempster

Post by Snake »

http://health.tonykempster.co.uk/

Really sad, not only for Tony but for all non-League footy fans who used his excellent site.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

poor guy.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Just been reading about Tony in this Sunday's NLP.

Nice picture in there and a good article.Terrible news
about his illness.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

From the BSP site

&quotNon-league webmaster Tony Kempster will be enjoying an all expenses paid trip to the FA Trophy Final courtesy of Conference sponsors Blue Square and The FA. Blue Square have arranged a car to pick Tony up from his home in York and take him to Wembley, where he will enjoy full hospitality and seats in the Royal Box to watch his local side York City take on Stevenage Borough. The car will then take Tony back home to his door. Tony has run an acclaimed football website from his York home and has also won the annual Services to Supporters award from the FSF, which is given each year to people who have performed an outstanding service to the benefit of football supporters. Caroline Barker from the BBC Non-League show said “as we all know Tony isn’t in the best of health at the moment and his long term outlook does not look good, his wife was in tears at how happy this trip has made him. “Tony’s site is a mine of information for non-league lovers and he deserves his big day for all he has done for fans across the country.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Tony isn’t in the best of health at the moment and his long term outlook does not look good
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Looks like poor Tony doesn't have long left: three or four weeks according to this
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

I will always despise Stevenage that little bit more than I used to for beating York in the Trophy final this year, given that Tony was an all expenses paid guest of the FA &amp Blue Square in the Directors Box in what looks set to be the final time he watched his beloved City.

Incidentally, it seems that while his website is to be suspended, the legacy that it was is to be continued by a group of regular visitors &amp contributors who are to maintain a new site containing all the same information.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Looks like poor Tony doesn't have long left: three or four weeks according to this

Very sad - a shocking post to read. I hope he's not in pain.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Sad news I'm afraid, Tony passed away on Sunday 14th June.

RIP Tony - his contribution to non-league football is, and will remain, legendary.
Andrewmaha
Brat

Post by Andrewmaha »

RIP &amp god bless.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »