Conference statement

Anything yellow and blue
Frank
Puberty

Re:

Post by Frank »

&quotYellow River&quot wrote:OUFC have now issued a statement......

http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/News/0,,1034 ... 19,00.html

Mick Brown may also be stepping down from the Conference Board.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 975068.stm

Things are hotting up......

Back from holiday, so, with things hotting up, is it worth more letters to the BSP morons to ask them to confirm that a full audit of all registrations has been carried out and that no further errors were found?

I'd like to think that a constant stream of letters would help - especially recorded delivery ones. Is it worth it?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotFrank&quot wrote:
&quotYellow River&quot wrote:OUFC have now issued a statement......

http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/News/0,,1034 ... 19,00.html

Mick Brown may also be stepping down from the Conference Board.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 975068.stm

Things are hotting up......

Back from holiday, so, with things hotting up, is it worth more letters to the BSP morons to ask them to confirm that a full audit of all registrations has been carried out and that no further errors were found?

I'd like to think that a constant stream of letters would help - especially recorded delivery ones. Is it worth it?
Most definitely worth it, I think. It may have no effect but if we keep picking away ...

And I still say we should suggest a way of backing down without them losing complete face by SUSPENDING the punishment.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Another thought ... is there any mileage in chipping away at the sponsors? A couple of prominent banners bringing their name into disrepute might make them pull some strings. Something like BLUE SQUARE = WHITEWASH, or BLUE SQUARE CON. I dunno.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

Personally - no. The whole 5 points thing is gone forever and whatever the injustice, telling the Conference administration what we think of their pitiful behaviour is a waste of effort because you just won't win.

Look at the competene of the administrators at the highest levels of the game - Blatter, Platini, (formerly) Barwick.....goodness me : what a bunch of jokers.

However - these people should in future be hounded every sinlge day of their working lives to make sure they do their jobs properly. Every time OUFC send something to the BSP we should demand a receipt within 24 hours etc etc. Trust should be abandoned completely.

Don't get me wrong - I am not condoning what the Conference administrators have done to us, I am just proposing that we get heavy to make sure we are never, ever, victims of crass incompetence again.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:The question about whether the findings were circulated to all board members before the statement was released suggests, imho, that a certain board member who just happens to work for OUFC wasn't made aware of the findings.
Yeah, that was my interpretation of that question too. It also gives Mick a good hook to hang his resignation on, if he's looking for one.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:Personally - no. The whole 5 points thing is gone forever and whatever the injustice, telling the Conference administration what we think of their pitiful behaviour is a waste of effort because you just won't win.
But we can't lose anything we have not already lost so what is the harm in trying this?
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:Personally - no. The whole 5 points thing is gone forever and whatever the injustice, telling the Conference administration what we think of their pitiful behaviour is a waste of effort because you just won't win.

Look at the competene of the administrators at the highest levels of the game - Blatter, Platini, (formerly) Barwick.....goodness me : what a bunch of jokers.

However - these people should in future be hounded every sinlge day of their working lives to make sure they do their jobs properly. Every time OUFC send something to the BSP we should demand a receipt within 24 hours etc etc. Trust should be abandoned completely.

Don't get me wrong - I am not condoning what the Conference administrators have done to us, I am just proposing that we get heavy to make sure we are never, ever, victims of crass incompetence again.
Apparantly since having their 18 point deduction some seasons ago, Altrincham ring the Conference the day before every game to check that their players are all registered. The Conference often tell them to 'stop bothering them' but Alty still do it!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
But we can't lose anything we have not already lost so what is the harm in trying this?
Agreed, the Conference could nto now go back and impose the 11 points, so now we have nothing to lose.
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

And now MB has resigned, with a fairly damning criticism of the conference board in his statement.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotscooter&quot wrote:And now MB has resigned, with a fairly damning criticism of the conference board in his statement.
Fair play to Brownie. You have to say that, being a board member he must already know all the answers to all the questions posed in KT's letter to the Conf., which is why those questions are being asked. In this whole affair, it must have been good for KT to have a mole on the inside of the Conf. but now we know it is rotten to core, it's time to pull the mole out (as has been done) and take this to a higher authority.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 996569.stm

An interesting 12 minute interview with Brian Lee - click on the audio link on the page.

(and I'll bet that he'll be at Burton on Friday night to present the Conference Trophy if the home side get a point)
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 996569.stm

An interesting 12 minute interview with Brian Lee - click on the audio link on the page.

(and I'll bet that he'll be at Burton on Friday night to present the Conference Trophy if the home side get a point)
No he'll probably be at a football league game like he was yesterday. He may have to administer this crap but you can't expect him to watch it.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Here is the podcast from BBC London's Non League Show with last night's 3 part interview with Brian Lee. Dave Anderson's comments are particularly forthright and critical of Lee and it's little wonder that he chickened out of being interviewed by him. It is very interesting that Lee had no idea of the possible non registration of Mark Roberts at Stevenage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/nonleague/
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

For those of you who don't know, I will explain about the Mark Roberts situation. Northwich Victoria recently ask the Conference if they could register their manager Preece as an emergency signing because they had only 15 players left to select. This is mostly because financial difficulties have forced them to loan out many payers to get them off the wage will. The Conference replied that they could not sign another player outside of the transfer window because, according to them, Northwich had 24 registered players. One of the missing 9 is Mark Roberts. He was lent to Stevenage Borough in November and transferred permanently in January. He has since played 21 times for Stevenage, including the game against us.

Brian Lee was clearly unaware of the situation in the interview with the Non League Show last night and the Conference have not confirmed which club they think Roberts is registered to. Lee did say that the Board were due to meet again on Thursday and made some vague statement that this may be discussed. If there has been a breach in registration regulations and points are deducted from Stevenage in the same way that they have been for the other four clubs, it would have important implications at both ends of the table. However, I think it would be fairer to all, it the FA stepped in and wiped the slate clean as the Football Conference have repeatedly demonstrated that they are not capable of administering their own competition.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Oh god, not more hope. I can't stand it.