08/09 Boot Table

Predictions as they were meant to be. Or not. Whatever.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

What, you mean the silver coach incident?
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

Incident!!!!!!!!!

To trivialise such a blatant act of discrimination as a mere incident merely fans the flames of indignation and angst felt by us SSL dwellers.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Should have gone to Specsavers ...
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Updated to include Snake's meteoric Christmas rise up the table.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Updated table - The pack close on Geoff (slightly).
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Updated 3/3/09 - 5 Point deduction drops Matt D from a play-off place down to the bottom of the table.
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

How come Matt D gets a right of appeal but I didn't over the much more dubious grey/silver coach debacle.

Tin Pot doesn't get close.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Ooooo you're so bitter, you must eat so many lemons ... (although you'd probably identify them as tangerines ...)
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotscooter&quot wrote:How come Matt D gets a right of appeal but I didn't over the much more dubious grey/silver coach debacle.

Tin Pot doesn't get close.
This is the Conference - you can't expect consistency and logic.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotMally&quot wrote:This is the Conference - you can't expect consistency and logic.
no, indeed, nor should one expect any kind of logic or consistency from the boot, which was initially why i thought i'd take my points deduction in the spirit of a largely-random competition. but then, on the grounds that this is a largely-random competition, i thought i might as well appeal as i've nothing to lose.

so as the current bootmeister, i request that you provide me with:

1. the full wording of the ruling on when a boot should be settled,
2. an explanation as to how this entirely disporportionate punishment was settled upon,
3. the full results of the comprehensive review that you (presumably) undertook of all of this season's boot results to ensure that they all complied with this rule...

i'd also like to thank all my fellow boot-competitors who have briefly put aside any thoughts of gaining from my misfortune to rally round for the good of the boot. all none of you. bastards.

p.s. this farce would never have happened under boogie's bootmeister-ship... :lol:
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote:This is the Conference - you can't expect consistency and logic.
no, indeed, nor should one expect any kind of logic or consistency from the boot, which was initially why i thought i'd take my points deduction in the spirit of a largely-random competition. but then, on the grounds that this is a largely-random competition, i thought i might as well appeal as i've nothing to lose.

so as the current bootmeister, i request that you provide me with:

1. the full wording of the ruling on when a boot should be settled,
2. an explanation as to how this entirely disporportionate punishment was settled upon,
3. the full results of the comprehensive review that you (presumably) undertook of all of this season's boot results to ensure that they all complied with this rule...

i'd also like to thank all my fellow boot-competitors who have briefly put aside any thoughts of gaining from my misfortune to rally round for the good of the boot. all none of you. bastards.

p.s. this farce would never have happened under boogie's bootmeister-ship... :lol:
Thank you for your request for additional information Unfortunately the boot competition appeal panel's rules do not allow for this information to be made public. By entering the boot competion you are deemed to have agreed to all the rules of the competiton whether or not you have seen them or whether they were written, created or in force at the time of entering the competition. One of those rules may, or may not, be that the appeals panel has no obligation to reveal anything to anybody. Unfortunately we are unable to confirm or deny whether such a rule exists as by disclosing this information we may, or may not, be in breach of the rule itself, should it exist, which we can neither confirm or deny because in so doing we may, or may not, be in breach of ........

The boot competition appeals panel has held a full review into the matter and has decided, based on the full version of the competiton rules at boot headquarters, that your appeal is upheld and the points deducted have been reinstated.

This clearly illustrates that the boot competiton rules, administration and appeal process are all functioning correctly and in an open, honest and fully transparent manner.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotMally&quot wrote:This clearly illustrates that the boot competiton rules, administration and appeal process are all functioning correctly and in an open, honest and fully transparent manner.
i see the boot PR consultant has been earning his corn.

still, i was fully expecting my points deduction to be doubled on review, so: result!
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Updated with boris's Kettering victory but with the end of the season almost in sight can anybody catch Geoff?
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

Let's hope not! :D
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Bumped to the top.