Patto back for Saturday?

Anything yellow and blue
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:I don't recall there being an increase in prices for a couple of seasons now.

And when compared with what we pay at other grounds and the view we are afforded at the Kasstad I do not think we are being over charged.

What I am hearing now is, &quotso &amp so is going to get a season ticket next season&quot &quotI might get one next season&quot etc etc- Not the usual, &quotI ain't getting one again cos we're crap&quot.
Well that differs considerably from what I hear. I don't know anyone who doesn't think our matchday prices are too expensive, and I don't think there are many other clubs who charge £20 for a matchday ticket. Our prices are legendary amongst away supporters as well. As I've mentioned previously, it is in some cases cheaper to watch Premiership football, and so no wonder that our crowds have dipped in the 8 years since moving to Minchery.

As for no increase in prices for a couple of years, that may be the case, but it is representative of nothing. Prices should have dropped following relegation to League 2, then again for relegation to the Conference.
You know me! Coming to the OxVox members meeting on Saturday Terry?
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

I can't really remember how this debate started - it was something to do with kids kicking the back of your seat or similar.

For what it is worth, I think the cost of my ticket represents excellent value. You can throw statistics around about attendances and rises in prices but I would suggest that the entertainment on offer over the last 3 seasons is better than the 3 before that, irrespective of what league we are in. I don't know how much a ticket would have cost for Newcastle v Everton last Sunday, but it was turgid stuff nad probably poor value for money.

Away fans pay £15 to come to our place and get a good seat with above average facilities including free parking. I paid £13 at Carawley and have paid £13 for FGR in both cases for the privilege of standing up.

Whatever your viewpoint, this has been one of the more reasoned debates on the forum of late !
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

And if you are able to purchase a season ticket, your loyalty is rewarded with a cost of £10 per game.

It was £12 at Salisbury for an appalling terrace view with facilities similar to Glastonbury!
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

On the day cheapest match day tickets this season for adult home supporters are (please excuse any errors):-

terrace seats
Altrincham 12 14
Barrow ? ?
Burton 12 14
Cambridge 14 15
Crawley 13 16
Eastbourne 12.5 n/a
Ebbsfleet 13 15
Forest 13 15
Grays 15 17
Histon 13 14
Kettering 13 15
Kidderminster 13 16
Lewes 12 n/a
Mansfield 16
Northwich ? ?
Oxford n/a 16
Rushden 13 16
Salisbury 12 14
Stevenage 12 15
Torquay 15 16
Weymouth 14 16
Woking ? ?
Wrexham n/a 17
York n/a 14

average price for seats is £15.32.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

So we're slightly above average, which given our location in the country and the fact that the stadium is far better then other ground is about right I think.

But yes I think that football overall has become too much to watch, - but if the club aren't in line with other prices then we'll suffer on the pitch.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:On the day cheapest match day tickets this season for adult home supporters are (please excuse any errors):-

terrace seats
Altrincham 12 14
Barrow ? ?
Burton 12 14
Cambridge 14 15
Crawley 13 16
Eastbourne 12.5 n/a
Ebbsfleet 13 15
Forest 13 15
Grays 15 17
Histon 13 14
Kettering 13 15
Kidderminster 13 16
Lewes 12 n/a
Mansfield 16
Northwich ? ?
Oxford n/a 16
Rushden 13 16
Salisbury 12 14
Stevenage 12 15
Torquay 15 16
Weymouth 14 16
Woking ? ?
Wrexham n/a 17
York n/a 14

Has this destroyed your case Terry?
There is of course the option to buy before the day.
The £13 terrace at FGR is uncovered. VFM ????? But hey, we're footie fans.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

The Grays price should have been £13. no idea where i got 15 and 17 from.
Other than that, the minimum on the day price varies from £12 to £16. I am sure a lot of Oxford fans would love to pay £13 or £14 to stand on a terrace, but there isn't one.
Would perhaps be interesting to put the max seating price too (as I am fairly sure that the South Standers are paying highest ticket prices in the league if not most of league 2 as well)

I don't buy the argument that ticket prices should have dropped from league 2 to the conference. For the same reason that the rent hasn't dropped. The club's costs will be pretty similar, the stadium costs the same to run.

Also when I was looking up those prices, several of the other clubs seemed to have more &quotfamily&quot and junior promotions going on. Crawley have a £15 u-16 annual joining fee and then tickets are £1 a game for the terrace.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotslappy&quot wrote:On the day cheapest match day tickets this season for adult home supporters are (please excuse any errors):-

terrace seats
Altrincham 12 14
Barrow ? ?
Burton 12 14
Cambridge 14 15
Crawley 13 16
Eastbourne 12.5 n/a
Ebbsfleet 13 15
Forest 13 15
Grays 15 17
Histon 13 14
Kettering 13 15
Kidderminster 13 16
Lewes 12 n/a
Mansfield 16
Northwich ? ?
Oxford n/a 16
Rushden 13 16
Salisbury 12 14
Stevenage 12 15
Torquay 15 16
Weymouth 14 16
Woking ? ?
Wrexham n/a 17
York n/a 14

Has this destroyed your case Terry?
There is of course the option to buy before the day.
The £13 terrace at FGR is uncovered. VFM ????? But hey, we're footie fans.
Only just seen this. No it hasn't made any difference to my case, Sloppy is being his usually selective self :wink: ,but I don't have time for anything other than very short replies at the moment, so I'm pulling the plug on this debate for now.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:I don't recall there being an increase in prices for a couple of seasons now.

And when compared with what we pay at other grounds and the view we are afforded at the Kasstad I do not think we are being over charged.

What I am hearing now is, &quotso &amp so is going to get a season ticket next season&quot &quotI might get one next season&quot etc etc- Not the usual, &quotI ain't getting one again cos we're crap&quot.
Well that differs considerably from what I hear. I don't know anyone who doesn't think our matchday prices are too expensive, and I don't think there are many other clubs who charge £20 for a matchday ticket. Our prices are legendary amongst away supporters as well. As I've mentioned previously, it is in some cases cheaper to watch Premiership football, and so no wonder that our crowds have dipped in the 8 years since moving to Minchery.

As for no increase in prices for a couple of years, that may be the case, but it is representative of nothing. Prices should have dropped following relegation to League 2, then again for relegation to the Conference.
You know me! Coming to the OxVox members meeting on Saturday Terry?
I'm intending being there...

What time does it start?