Let's all have a pre-Xmas prediction competition!

Anything yellow and blue
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Let's all have a pre-Xmas prediction competition!

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

1. You have to predict:

a. our final Conference position
b. how many points off the play-off zone we will finish
c. how many points off the relegation zone we will finish.

2. There will be three points per place (i.e. if you say we will finish 11th and we finish 14th, that's nine points) and one point per point (i.e. if you say we will finish 20 points off the play-offs and we finish 7 off the play-offs, that's thirteen points).

3. The winner will be whoever has the fewest points in total.

4. If you think we will finish in the play-off zone, in the relegation zone, win the title or fail to complete our fixtures (whether due to bankruptcy, nuclear conflict, alien invasion or any other contingency) you may say so. However, if you feel we will finish in either zone, please do not neglect to state how many points we will finish away from the other.

5. A tie-breaker will be devised should one prove necessary.

6. All entries to be made before our next Conference game kicks off (currently assumed to be the Stevenage game next Saturday).

7. There will be no prizes. Except the respect of one's peers, should you consider that a prize worth winning.

8. Should Lewes or any other club fail to complete their fixtures, the rules will be adjusted accordingly, where &quotaccordingly&quot means &quotin whatsoever manner I may choose&quot.
Last edited by Pe├▒a Oxford United on Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
entirely disenchanted
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Shall I be Mother?

I think that we will:

a. finish 10th
b. be 11 points off the play-off zone
c. be 21 points off the relegation zone.
entirely disenchanted
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

a. 8th
b 5
c 36

Please can you let me know the answers by the end of next week?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Ooh, good game! I have a sneaking suspicion that finances and apathy will drag us down somewhat:

1) 14th
2) 23 points from the playoffs
3) a healthy 5 points above the relgation slots
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

9th

7 points off the play offs

23 points off relegation
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re: Let's all have a pre-Xmas prediction competition!

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:1. You have to predict:

a. our final Conference position
b. how many points off the play-off zone we will finish
c. how many points off the relegation zone we will finish.

2. There will be three points per place (i.e. if you say we will finish 11th and we finish 14th, that's nine points) and one point per point (i.e. if you say we will finish 20 points off the play-offs and we finish 7 off the play-offs, that's thirteen points).

3. The winner will be whoever has the fewest points in total.

4. If you think we will finish in the play-off zone, in the relegation zone, win the title or fail to complete our fixtures (whether due to bankruptcy, nuclear conflict, alien invasion or any other contingency) you may say so. However, if you feel we will finish in either zone, please do not neglect to state how many points we will finish away from the other.

6. All entries to be made before our next Conference game kicks off (currently assumed to be the Stevenage game next Saturday).

7. There will be no prizes. Except the respect of one's peers, should you consider that a prize worth winning.

8. Should Lewes or any other club fail to complete their fixtures, the rules will be adjusted accordingly, where &quotaccordingly&quot means &quotin whatsoever manner I may choose&quot.
Much as I don't think t will happen, I am obliged to always predict OUFC doing well in the longer term. It's the law.

a) We will finish 5th
b) 0 as we will be in the play off zone
c) 36
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

[quote=&quotSnake&quot]“5. A tie-breaker will be devised should one prove necessary.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Well, I’m going to be optimistic and predict that the current 9 point gap from the play-off place will stay as it is, mainly because a new manager usually get a bit more out of resident players in the beginning, and then towards the end of the season the players will pull their fingers out to get some easy win bonus money against mid-table teams and/or look to secure a new contract next season (with whatever club they can).

So, we’ll finish 9th, 9 points of the play-offs.

The key to this compi is I think how many points we’ll finish above the relegation zone, as that will be the biggest number.

I’ll go for 30 points from relegation.

/

Can't wait to read AO's prediction :)
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

As previously explained, the tie-breaker will be devided by me, entirely by me, and with no regard to reason, fairness or the opinions of other human beings.

Do proceed with your predictions.
entirely disenchanted
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

&quot8. Should Lewes or any other club fail to complete their fixtures, the rules will be adjusted accordingly, where &quotaccordingly&quot means &quotin whatsoever manner I may choose&quot.&quot

This is a rule? Have you ever considered a new career as a bookmaker?
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Re:

Post by amershamwrighty »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:As previously explained, the tie-breaker will be devided by me, entirely by me, and with no regard to reason, fairness or the opinions of other human beings.

Do proceed with your predictions.

I am entirely comfortable with this approach, not least because it was your idea in the first place.

Democracy and consultative processes have their place, but if you are not careful, you will end up having to set up a focus group with the aim of 'Coping with Mediocrity'.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

[quote=&quotPeña Oxford United&quot]
a. our final Conference position BOTTOM
b. how many points off the play-off zone we will finish 35
c. how many points off the relegation zone we will finish. 0

Not that I'm a pessimist
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Ascension Ox »

6th

UE: We also win the FA Trophy
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote: a. our final Conference position BOTTOM
b. how many points off the play-off zone we will finish 35
c. how many points off the relegation zone we will finish. 0

Not that I'm a pessimist
Ok, ok, so you don’t want to play (as I know you’re not that much of a pessimist).

Anyway, can you either amend your profile or when you post un-tick the box saying “Disable BBCode in this post