Is it time?

Anything yellow and blue

Has Patto been given enough time as Manager?

Yes, sack him, he'll never make us into title winners
46%
No, for feck's sake, it's only 3 months into his first full season
54%

Total votes: 24

Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:[Patterson's future will be governed by next three matches. We have to get some points away from home. This Thursday is particularly important.

I don't agree there has been no progress at all.

The youth players are coming through and are looking like decent performers and we seem to have become really quite effective at home.

I'd rather watch the team we have got now than the team of late October 2007 as well.
Yes but you don't regularly suffer these dreadful away performances do you AO?

Youth - only Clarke &amp Deering so far. And these were picked up from elsewhere. It is not like we had them from 5 year old and actually developed them is it?
How long before these two have been ruined by clueless coaches / management?

Can't argue with your point about the home form, although we don't convinced do we. Do you fell confident that we will win the next home game? I don't.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:[Patterson's future will be governed by next three matches. We have to get some points away from home. This Thursday is particularly important.

The youth players are coming through and are looking like decent performers and we seem to have become really quite effective at home.

I'd rather watch the team we have got now than the team of late October 2007 as well.
Wasn't it Denis Smith who particularly divided supporters' opinions, according to whether or not they attended a lot of away games?
entirely disenchanted
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote: The last Oxford manager given the luxury of 2 full seasons in charge was Denis Smith for the 94/95 and 95/96 seasons.
http://www.rageonline.co.uk/mainpage.ph ... pe=manager
Are you seasonally challenged Snake? Atkins never got 2 full seasons.
Yes, ok, but 121 games and two summers of dipping into the transfer market must count for something.

Anyway, I only go to a fraction of the away games that some posters on this board go to, but I’ve had more than enough of looking at that League table – it’s just sad what’s happened to our club and something need to change if the decline is to be reversed.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

How about the club being owned by somebody who gave a stuff about it?
entirely disenchanted
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I’d settle for someone who knew how to run a football club.

Can’t have everything can we?
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Re:

Post by amershamwrighty »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:

Youth - only Clarke &amp Deering so far. And these were picked up from elsewhere. It is not like we had them from 5 year old and actually developed them is it?
How long before these two have been ruined by clueless coaches / management?

Can't argue with your point about the home form, although we don't convinced do we. Do you fell confident that we will win the next home game? I don't.
Two things I don't get about yesterday's game:

1) Paul Buckle - with roughly the same management experience as Patterson, decides after half an hour or so that his attacking formation isn't working. So he brings on a 17/18 year old sub who scores within 10 minutes and seals the match later on

2) In the second half, TQ have a tactical plan for 10 men involving 4-4-1 and pushing their wingbacks forward whenever they go forward. Our only tactic to punish 10 men was to take off Haldane, having his best game for ages, and James Clarke and bring on a couple of kids who made no difference.

How can this be ?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote: How can this be ?
Answer - Torquay have good management we have poor management.

Given time will our poor management become become good management? My Answer - I don't think so. (But as ever I'd love to be proven wrong)
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Well, heÔÇÖs gone.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote: How can this be ?
Answer - Torquay have good management we have poor management.

Given time will our poor management become become good management? My Answer - I don't think so. (But as ever I'd love to be proven wrong)
Depends which poor sod is our next manager!